Notices

Anyone else have people try to race them and other stuff like that.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:00 AM
dsmart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have people try to race them and other stuff like that.

Anyone sick of people coming up and asking you if you want to race or worse then that someone on the right side of you pissing you off by slowing down so you can't get over. let me give you a few stories.

Background: I used to live in Houston, TX. I moved from Shreveport to Houston to follow a stripper. I used to have a 99 coupe vette with a few mods. When you are in a small city like 200K people and you had that vette you were sort of special but there with 4 million people and you have that you are like no one special so I had to buy a car. I bought my car in 2000. They said the new 2001 model will have a V8 in it then etc and then one of the guys there said that was not true and I told him I wanted something different. The guy over at John Eagle Acura went to the back and showed me a "different looking car" The car was their show car, they did everything they could do that thing including comptech widebody etc. They said there is only 5 in the country and that is the only street legal one etc so I said hell if there is only that many then I might as well get that one and be someone which worked out fine, anyone that I pass people turned their heads out of the window and all but that is something different not what my post is about. Now since you have background let me go into the stories.

Story #1 I was driving down Westheimer in Houston on a weekend night like 10pm headed to Treasures. Westheimer has 4 lanes each way and I was in the 2nd to last far right lane. I was like 8-10 blocks away. Then this stupid kid pulled next to me with a car. I don't know what it was, some normal car maybe a honda accord, maybe pontaic grand prix, nothing fancy at all and bascailly wanted to race. So The speed limit there is like 40 there I believe. I am going at 40 or so and was not in any mood for any of this stuff. Then I dropped down to 35 to let the guy pass so I can get over. That guy slowed down. This continued for 4 blocks for like 5 minutes or so. Anyway I had to slow down to 25 and damn near miss my turn to Treasures before that damn guy went about his business and went ahead of me.

Story #2 Here is shreveport, I was at the shell station and a guy comes in wanting to know who owned that car and wanted to race. He came in asking how much the car cost. he said like $80K and I had to tell him more like $140K and that he wanted to race me. I told him that I wasn't some little kid that doesn't respect cars. I told him I am not going to blow a 30K engine just for that. Anyway my friend there told me that he had a piece of crap car. He said he had a mazada rx8 etc. Anyway I asked him how fast does his car go in the quater mile and he said wanna see lets go at it. Then I told him my car does 12.2 and then he said his car does 9.3 in the quater, then I told him well then you would win and then he just left. He got in his car and my friend told me to look at the car and I looked at it and it looked like a 1990 or 1991 car, the paint was faded bad and the car wasn't even taken care of. I also had another guy, maybe his friend had another car just as bad and it was a mazada like that one. A few weeks before the other guys wanted to race me and another guy that was with my friend loves to race and to shoot his mouth off and all and anyway he has a 2003 impala LS not SS and just left the guy in the broken down mazada.

Now why do these people have to do that stupid stuff for? I mean I dont' mind if it like a dodge viper ask me to race or some suped up supra or something I wouldn't be so pissed but WTF does this crappy cars got to bother me and try to make me look bad? I refuse to race that thing cost too much and I am not going to tear it up. My cousin has wrecked every car he got so far and his friend also destoryed cars. His friend had a 1995 chevy comarro with a NEW rebuilt transmission and messed it up in a week trying to show off. When I drive my car I usally try to stay between 2-3K RPM and always shift around 4K rpm. I have never raced that thing before in my life and the fastest I have seen it go was 145 at 5500 RPM in 5th gear and that was the first week I had it and I had a guy that knew how to race drive it and see about how fast it is. I bought that thing for looks and for it to last 200-300K miles. I bought it in 2000 and it still looks as good as it did the day I bought it. Anyone else out there have to deal with people like that or you just say the hell with it and race?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Yeah, I have problems like that in MY NSX all the time
Old 04-15-2005, 04:24 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Dood! You bought a widebody NSX. Of course everyone and their brother is going to want to test it. C'mon quit complaining @ least you have a widebody NSX.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:11 PM
potator

Lol.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
davidn71
95 Civic w/ b16 swap

Gotta see pics of this before I believe ya...
Old 05-03-2005, 01:58 AM
bodypainter

I get gawkers but no one has tried to get me to race. Of course the average age in this town is pretty old so...
Old 05-15-2005, 05:00 AM
kevin_northern
Banned

Post a pic. I would love to see a wide body nsx.

You bought a hell of a car btw. I'd say you made a very wise investment
Old 05-15-2005, 08:48 AM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Man just be lucky you have a NSX, you should know this stuff before you buy one. Thats like buying a Ferrari and people ignoring you.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 AM
yeedatoy
Banned

you should have invested that money in writing classes.it was almost not worth reading because it was such a pain in the ass.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:35 PM
St_Michael

Hey...I'm a kid (17 I guess that's a "kid") and I have a '94 Civic EX and I would probably ask you dumb questions...but I wouldn't race you unless you wanted to and then I'd be like OMG that guy is cool, when you end up totally owning me. I race sometimes here in my town just for the heck of it, usually against cars that will totally own me, and most of the time all I do is see them in my rearview and start going about 70-80 MPH then they know what I'm doing. Sometimes, they're total jerks, other times they stop afterwards and want to talk which I think is cool. You need to find some people like me to hang out with haha.