Notices

power locks problem

Old 08-27-2002, 02:48 PM
motu
it ain't easy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power locks problem

My driver's side front door has an intermittent problem with the power locks. Sometimes it stops working entirely and won't respond to my alarm remote or the unlock/lock buttons inside the car. All of the other doors are working fine though. It does this every now and then and stops working for a couple days and then starts working again for another month or so. Its a pain in the ass because I have to disarm the car and then use the key to unlock my door to get in, and then manually lock or unlock only my door when I'm in the car. If it was any other door I wouldn't mind as much but it gets irritating because its on the driver door and I've gotten too used to the luxuries of having my doors unlock when I shut the car off, or lock when I turn it on, and the ability to use keyless entry. Anyone know if this is a problem with the power lock system, or is my aftermarket alarm causing this? I did notice that if all the doors are unlocked (when the problem is occuring) and I manually lock my door, the other doors also lock like they should (they respond to the locking of the driver door). Anyone have suggestions?
Old 02-13-2003, 07:09 AM
jtaccordvtec

hey there, i also have that same problem. but instead of the drivers side, i have this problem on the passenger side. i'm not sure what causes this problem, but it is quite serious when it comes down to auto security. i don't know why, but it happens to me particularly on rainy days. can someone help us out?
Old 02-13-2003, 08:30 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the cold tends to affect my rear locks... they freeze up... as for a single lock, it could be the same problem... especially if you wash your car often in the freezing temperatures like me. It has nothing to do with the alarm or keyless entry system, as when these are hooked up they are wired to a "common" lock and "common" unlock wire... meaning the system gives one of these wires a negative signal to lock or unlock all of the doors... essentially doing the same thing as the lock buttons on the doors. If its not ice, then the lock motor maybe going bad. When you lock the drivers door by pushing the lock knob down, you're forcing the lock motor down, which will make the connection inside the motor to tell the other doors to lock.

Hope this helps out a little...
Old 02-13-2003, 11:10 AM
dantastic
cx power!

sounds like the door lock acuator... had mine replaced under warranty
Old 02-13-2003, 11:26 AM
detroitpoop
Occasional visitor

I had a similar problem on the driver's door and the rear left-hand door on my old 3rd gen. The actuators just seem to wear out over time. Replacements are about $30 at a wrecking yard.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:05 PM
98ha

Default power lock

Hi All, I got a Honda accord 98 ex, there's a problem with the power lock, I can unlock the front passenger side but can not open with power control on the driver and passenger side. The power control can open all the doors just not the front passenger side.
I had a same problem before the rear passenger side, But I got that fix from dealer, they replaced the actuator assembly.
Could this be the same problem with the front passenger?
Please help and how to replace the actuator, I got door panel off now, but do not know how to replace it.
:madfawk: :madfawk:
Old 12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

nice DIY for 5th gens here. prolly close to 6th gen

linky

my doorlocks are busted too and imma just take it to the dealer and bend over.h: