Notices

problems with DEPO JDM style corners

Old 08-26-2002, 10:02 PM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with DEPO JDM style corners

Its should fit correctly. Alot of people got them and I haven't read of any problems.
well, now you have..

i know i've mentioned this in another post, but its really frustrating me because i can't fix it, no matter what i try.

i've cut away a lot of the plastic on the headlight bracket so the depo corners will fit in better. the problem is that the corners aren't flush with the rest of the body at all. at the top they're set in, at the bottom they flare out.

after a few attempts and a lot of cutting and grinding, i am convinced that the problem is the arms on the corners that mount to the headlight bracket (the part that gets screwed on). when i compare these arms to the arms on the stock corners, they are significantly shorter. so in order for these new arms to reach the mounting hole, i must push the corner in farther than it should go on the top. doing so pulls the whole corner in at the top, and causes the bottoms to pivot out.

i tried loosening the three bolts that mount the headlight bracket that are accessible without removing the bumper. then played with the positioning of the headlights as much as i could. it did help a little for the driver's side. but it didn't fix the problem completely. the passenger's side is still pretty bad.

so i don't think i have any other options, besides trying to extend those arms

if anyone can offer any kind of suggestion, i'm willing to try anything.. thanks........
Old 08-26-2002, 11:03 PM
usc

by now you probably realized that these JDM corners weren't meant to be mated with your stock headlamps. it's because JDM headlamps have different mounting brackets for their corners. you'll have to drill a new hole on your headlamp if you wish to secure the corners with a screw.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:57 AM
mayonaise

i had thought about this too... but i wonder why it is no one has complained of the same problem?

it doesn't look as simple as just drilling a hole. on the passenger's side, the arm misses the bracket by a good amount, so there is almost nothing underneath to drill...

thanks
Old 02-10-2003, 02:35 AM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

I am having this same problem. I haven't spent much time yet trying to get them to fit. I think I will try to drill a new hole into the mounting bracket and fill the space between the arm and the bracket with washers to level the ccorner.

I will let you know how this works.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:35 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by dave94ex
I am having this same problem. I haven't spent much time yet trying to get them to fit. I think I will try to drill a new hole into the mounting bracket and fill the space between the arm and the bracket with washers to level the ccorner.

I will let you know how this works.
so how did it work? I got some depo corners today and now im beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have
Old 03-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 94uhkord
so how did it work? I got some depo corners today and now im beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have
If ya don't want em let me know I will buy them off ya.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

its easy!!!. zideck has neat install pics. all u do is cut the black bracket thingamabober. just start hacking away stuff and youll get it. no worries.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:59 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

I did alot of searching and found this pic of what cuts need to be made to get the depos to fit.

Now im not so worried about them fitting:thumbup:
Old 03-05-2003, 08:53 PM
JDMCivic

I wonder why they don't make the JDM style but in the same shape as OEM with two bulbs. Double the brightness.:thumbup:
Old 03-06-2003, 02:49 AM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

They Fit!

I basiclly made the cuts that re shown in that pic. I still had to drill a different hole in the arm for the screw attachment. It still isn't perfect but unless you look closely, you can't tell.

Quick Reply: problems with DEPO JDM style corners