Notices

Anyone have pics of the OUTput of light that the S2000 HID's produce?

Old 08-26-2002, 10:07 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have pics of the OUTput of light that the S2000 HID's produce?

Anyone have pics of the OUTput of light that the S2000 HID's produce? Can you post the pics?
Old 08-26-2002, 02:19 PM
The Captain

no pic, but some people are always mistaken then for high beams.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:18 AM
s2ktonv

Nope, sure dont, but very similar too Audis and BMW's.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:08 AM
BonzoAPD

can someone take a few pics please?
Old 08-27-2002, 01:08 PM
SECRET AP1
AP1/BB6

Originally posted by s2ktonv
i'd have to disagree. the light emitted from S2K HIDs onto the road is much whiter and the optics are a little better than Audis and way better than BMWs. seeing someone in an S2000 coming up behind you does make you think that they're flashing high beams at you. the beam cutoff is so sharp that even the slightest bumps induce this effect.

i'll take pics tonight when i get home... if i remember
Old 08-28-2002, 07:42 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HIDS in ELLIPSOIDS (the glass sphere) in AUDI, BMW, S2000's... whatever, the light will ALWAYS flicker when the car hits any bumps, dips, or movement will show change in color or seem like high-beams flashing... this isn't JUST an S2000 'effect'. Make things seem like only S2000's have the "BEST HID's".

They're good, but they're not neccesarily BETTER than Audi or BMW ones. I know people that have HID's in their BMW and Audi, as well as S2000's, not any ONE has "Better optics blah blah". Unless you want to go ahead and get technical and whip tools to measure lighting h::squint:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-29-2002, 09:37 AM
DakarM

I find that S2000 headlights seems to be aimed higher then the other cars. maybe it's because the car is lower?

does the S2000 HID have self leveling feature? BMW and MB both has that feature and it doesn't bother me as much when I drive in front of those cars.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:42 AM
SECRET AP1
AP1/BB6

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
HIDS in ELIPSOIDS (the glass sphere) in AUDI, BMW, S2000's... whatever, the light will ALWAYS flicker when the car hits any bumps, dips, or movement will show change in color or seem like high-beams flashing... this isn't JUST an S2000 'effect'. Make things seem like only S2000's have the "BEST HID's".

They're good, but they're not neccesarily BETTER than Audi or BMW ones. I know people that have HID's in their BMW and Audi, as well as S2000's, not any ONE has "Better optics blah blah". Unless you want to go ahead and get technical and whip tools to measure lighting h::squint:
want to get down and dirty over stupid headlights? fine. a good friend of mine has taken apart a countless number of HID housings. i will be happy to give him your contact info if you wish to speak to him. to quantify and qualify the type of expertise he has in the area, he (and I) have taken apart S2000 HID housings along with Audi A4 (older and new), S4, BMW E36, E46, 740, X5, Lexus IS300, Mercedes C-class, and a number of others. with the ellipsoid [if you're going to put a word in caps to emphasize something, at least spell it correctly] housings, the reflective coating on the S2000 headlights is FLAWLESS compared to most Audis, and ALL BMWs. There is a region of parabolic reflective housing that has a bump pattern to aid in the centering of light near the cutoff. The superior reflective coating together with the bump pattern, excellent cutoff, and beam angle result in the S2000 having far better road illumination than Audis and BMWs in general. The only car that comes close is the X5 (whose lens and housing is about 1.5x the size of any conventional HID system),the new S4, and the TT.

please entertain my offer and speak to my friend. he will be happy to design a true (non-K2/autolamp-online/cheap) HID system for your Civic. he has done everything from custom mounting Audi, S2000, & E36 HIDs into Civic projector housings. He has also done D2R Lexus IS300 housings into an EK. Looks completely OEM during the day and lights up the road with true HIDs at night. The ballasted are mounted under the headlights, and the wiring is neatly tucked into the OEM harness.

dont waste your breath when you have nothing to say. giving me trash like "my friend has this car and my other friend has that car and so my naked eye says that your wrong" kind of crap. this is coming from the guy that thinks 6000k HIDs are cool because their "MORE BLUE." welcome to the boards uncle ben.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:54 AM
SECRET AP1
AP1/BB6

Originally posted by DakarM
I find that S2000 headlights seems to be aimed higher then the other cars. maybe it's because the car is lower?

does the S2000 HID have self leveling feature? BMW and MB both has that feature and it doesn't bother me as much when I drive in front of those cars.
USDM S2000s don't have auto-leveling. It's required by law in Europe so Euro-spec ones get the pleasure of having those equipped. Most MB's are reflector HIDs and not projector. The cutoff for the D2R system is built into the bulb and not the housing. That's why you'll notice that most MBs HIDs aren't as "sparkly blue/purple" and the light seems softer on the road. Auto-leveling is actually to account for load difference in the car and not road conditions. If you loaded your backseat with a 3 football players, the angle of the beam changes on cars w/o autoleveling. This is what's compensated with BMW's "Dynamic Auto-Leveling." I can't seem to find information on MB's auto-leveling system, but I suspect it's no different.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SECRET AP1

want to get down and dirty over stupid headlights? fine. a good friend of mine has taken apart a countless number of HID housings. i will be happy to give him your contact info if you wish to speak to him. to quantify and qualify the type of expertise he has in the area, he (and I) have taken apart S2000 HID housings along with Audi A4 (older and new), S4, BMW E36, E46, 740, X5, Lexus IS300, Mercedes C-class, and a number of others. with the ellipsoid [if you're going to put a word in caps to emphasize something, at least spell it correctly] housings, the reflective coating on the S2000 headlights is FLAWLESS compared to most Audis, and ALL BMWs. There is a region of parabolic reflective housing that has a bump pattern to aid in the centering of light near the cutoff. The superior reflective coating together with the bump pattern, excellent cutoff, and beam angle result in the S2000 having far better road illumination than Audis and BMWs in general. The only car that comes close is the X5 (whose lens and housing is about 1.5x the size of any conventional HID system),the new S4, and the TT.

please entertain my offer and speak to my friend. he will be happy to design a true (non-K2/autolamp-online/cheap) HID system for your Civic. he has done everything from custom mounting Audi, S2000, & E36 HIDs into Civic projector housings. He has also done D2R Lexus IS300 housings into an EK. Looks completely OEM during the day and lights up the road with true HIDs at night. The ballasted are mounted under the headlights, and the wiring is neatly tucked into the OEM harness.

dont waste your breath when you have nothing to say. giving me trash like "my friend has this car and my other friend has that car and so my naked eye says that your wrong" kind of crap. this is coming from the guy that thinks 6000k HIDs are cool because their "MORE BLUE." welcome to the boards uncle ben.
Hey, I didn't ask you to, I even poked fun that I knew you would...

Yes, I'd like to talk to the DIRECT source of information. Hopefully your friend isn't as long winded and technical as you are.

I missed an "L" in ellipsoid *Sue me* Since we're getting technical, again, it's "You're", not "Your" when you are trying to say "You are"

Can't stand people who think they know it all, then go on to say whatever they have IS the best. It's like you want applause or a trophy for your, no wait, YOUR FRIEND's efforts. Who the f*ck cares to crack open a headlight to see if it's better, if I see the road better, then it's better...

I never said your precious S2000 lights are 'bad', just hate to see how SOME people parade around posting "my headlights have the best beam cutoff blah blah blah" And you may be confused with your utter babble and confused me with someone saying 6000k's are cool because they're blue. Welcome to real life, no one really gives a sh*t that the cutoff beam is so damn sharp that a slight bump makes it flicker.

You make things sound like only YOUR S2000 lights have supperior this and that, Audi's and BMW's don't... well, hmm, an X55 would be a BMW wouldn't it? S4, TT, those would be Audi's... hmmm? wned: Do you even read what you copy and paste from your friend? Thus, you just put a foot in your own mouth:
[b]
Originally posted by s2ktonv
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SECRET AP1
i'd have to disagree. the light emitted from S2K HIDs onto the road is much whiter and the optics are a little better than Audis and way better than BMWs.
The only car that comes close is the X5 (whose lens and housing is about 1.5x the size of any conventional HID system),the new S4, and the TT.
If it's WAY better than BMW, then how can BMW be the 'only car that comes close' ?????!?!
How's that for you :booty:

And btw, did you forget to post pics for the guy?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of the OUTput of light that the S2000 HID's produce?