Notices

4th Gen Balljoints or bushings first?

Old 03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Knightmare69
Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen Balljoints or bushings first?

I don't have enough money to do both at the same time so it's one or the other. Time period between getting the money for both would take too long and the car is pretty shot suspension wise now. Balljoints I'd get from autozone and bushings I'd get from energy suspension. TIA
Old 03-18-2005, 08:19 PM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

I know it's besides the point, but could you explain what a balljoint and brushing is? - just trying to learn things. Or I could just search. Yup, ok good plan. Thanks anyway.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
blkv6cpe

I have done both in my '95 Prelude Si. I did all the bushings in Energy Suspension including the trailing arm. You should wait and do both for labor purposes. Not all the ball joints should be bad on your car. Replace the ones that are bad only. You may want to consider the front ties bars as well. But wait, save up and do it all. You will love it. It is like having a new car and the handling is SICK!!!!

Duron
Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
blacklude

have not seen the car. i would do which ever is more worn out. if they are equally worn out i would do the ball joints. the performance parts can be added later. if you loose a wheel by popping a ball joint your car could be trashed.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:13 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Ball joints don't "just pop out", and a wheel fall off. They go slowly, loudly, and painfully, making lots of ugly noises and hampering steering, suspension movement, and so on.

Short answer: Replace the ball joints first, then when you have saved up the money, replace your bushings. If you want a smooth, stock like maintenance free ride, go to your dealership and replace with OEM bushings. If you want a firm, performance ride, and don't care about getting under the car to re-grease the poly urethane bushings...there are plenty of complete sets out there.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
blacklude

yes, ball joints do "just pop out" if they are loose enough or worn out like the guy stated above (of course the car has to be moving), AND honda calls for zero tolerance in ball joint play. like i said i have not seen the car!