Notices

Got my Forum short shifter

Old 03-15-2005, 01:33 PM
prelood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Forum short shifter

Just got it today, install was quick and easy, I drove it around for a bit, and I like it a lot, not too short, but perfect. still smooth as stock.

9/10

I would highly recommend picking one of these up.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

A forum short shifter for a 5th gen? I'm interested.... could you perhaps fill me in?

Their website dosn't have a link for a 5th gen prelude, just 4th.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
prelood

You can order them on ebay.

It's just an adapter that you screw onto the actual shifter basically
Old 04-20-2005, 12:00 PM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

I looked at it, and it seems a little simple. Does it work wonders? I'm thinkin I could buy one...
Old 04-20-2005, 07:14 PM
prelood

For the price and simple installation it was worth it.

its not REALLY short but its not stock length either
Old 04-21-2005, 07:39 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

The lil' bolt on things that move your shift linkage up the shifter are ADAPTERS. They are not bad, but the fact that it is bolted on to the shift lever, leaves alot of extra lateral play, and they make actually weaken/break off the attachement flange. Avoid the adapters if you can...

If you want a TRUE short shifter, the best available for the 5th gen are (were - he quit making them) made by LEAN, You may be able to find some for sale on various Prelude related sites and Ebay. But expect to PAY ~300 . There isthe PSpec SS kit is available now, its almost a rip off of the LEAN kit, and my personal experience with both say that its within 5% of the LEAN. Its just not as secure feeling,

Forbidden motorsports SS, for 4th gens, owns anything else available for the car. There are multiple settings, and at the shortest setting the throw per shift is around 2-3 cm. Only thing is, in that setting it moves the shift knob approx 1.5cm to the right (out of center). For tall people whose kness get in the way (like me), its fine.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:43 AM
oscarhmoyano

[QUOTE=mtbprelude]The lil' bolt on things that move your shift linkage up the shifter are ADAPTERS. They are not bad, but the fact that it is bolted on to the shift lever, leaves alot of extra lateral play, and they make actually weaken/break off the attachement flange. Avoid the adapters if you can...

If you want a TRUE short shifter, the best available for the 5th gen are (were - he quit making them) made by LEAN, You may be able to find some for sale on various Prelude related sites and Ebay. But expect to PAY ~300 . There isthe PSpec SS kit is available now, its almost a rip off of the LEAN kit, and my personal experience with both say that its within 5% of the LEAN. Its just not as secure feeling,

I Agree, i got a Forbidden Short Shifter on my 4th gen and works perfect, actually i used to experience shifting problems to my first gear and rear gear (new clutch didn't resolve that little issue), now i've never experienced any problems with shifting and the unit is solid like the factory one ... i use the shorter config.. the only problem is the little contact that the unit has with the console .. but that's easy to fix .. i was going to buy an adaptor but i saw one at a friends CRX and looked kinda too delicated ... that's when i knew about the whole part i got mine ...
I hope the adaptor works great though!
OScar
Old 04-21-2005, 11:20 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Yeah, the Forbidden shifter is Supurb. I'm glad to see the guy has been coming out with new parts. Nice product, nice prices.