Notices

Door Speaker Replacement Tutorial

Old 03-12-2005, 07:18 PM
LudaRacer555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Speaker Replacement Tutorial

OK, I have searched for a tutorial on how to replace your speakers for a 92-96 prelude, but i did not find alot of very detailed documents, so I will try to make one right here since I just replaced mine earlier today.

In order for you to get to the speakers, you have to remove the entire door panel from the door.

1. Remove the 4 screws on the door panel.
- one in the hole that is sort of like a cup holder except its not round
- one right by the door handle (not on the outside door handle)
- one on the bottom left side of the door panel
- one on the right top right side of the door panel

2. OK now take a flathead screw driver and slide it between the door panel and the door(metal) on the bottom left corner of the door panel, and sort of pry it out. You will hear a loud POP sound, dont worry, you didnt break it, that just tells you, one of the screws (or what ever its called) is off.
- then pry the whole bottom section of the door panel from the door(metal) by sliding the flathead and prying the door panel outwards. THere are 4 of those screws on the bottom I think.

3. Now do the same as you did at the bottom, for the left side , there are 3 screws there, just pry them open until they POP off and the door panel will become loose in that part.

4. Now do the same as you did in part 2 and 3 for the right side of the door panel, I think there are 2 screws.

5. After you pried all of the bolts or screws or whatever those are called off from the door (metal), now the Door panel should become loose. check on the bottom and both sides that it is loose everywhere, if not then pry some more.

6. Now after the door panel is loose, lift it up and then out and it should lift off from the door. Now dont forget, and disconnect the auto window connector and auto door switch connector on the inside of the door panel.

7. NOw YOU SEE THE SPEAKERS

8. Now i think it is common sence that you can rely on to remove your broken or old speakers. just unscrew the screws.

I hope this helped maybe just a little. If you have questions, then ask here.

PEAAAZZ, by the way I have a 1996 Prelude S, stick shift. Its a F22a with BOMZ intake, forbidden motorsports short shifter, air temperature sensor chip, neons, racing seat covers and steering wheel cover << lol. I have dual 3.5" exhaust muffler coming in, and then a flame thrower kit which i have but not yet installed. I just wana say that even though its an S (f22a) somehow its a fast ass car, and no civic has yet managed to beat me, and I've raced about 15.