Notices

Car won't start

Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Louie1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

Hello, New in the forum.

I was driving my car the other day and it just died on me. There is no spark to the sparkplugs. Has this happened to anybody?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

check your coil pack? distributor?, could be alot of things, can you give more detail?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 AM
MaxOctane

this happened to me not long ago, unfortunately it was almost the worst thing that could have happened. The timing belt snapped, and the pistons weren't too happy about the valves being in their path. They got all pissed (pun intended) and bent all the little happy valves sending them straight to hell.

First thing that I would do is get on your knees and pray that this didn't happen to you. Then check....The easiest way to tell is by opening the oil cap and looking into the valve cover with a flashlight. Get somebody to try to start the engine while you look. If you don't see your cams moving then your royally screwed. you can also check by taking the distributor cap off and making sure the rotor is turning while somebody tries to start the engine.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Louie1234

The following have been checked:

Fuel flow - yes
battery - fully charged
Timing Belt - good
starter - working
distributor cap - looks ok
distributor rotor - looks ok
I know there is no spark to the park plug. It could be coil, igniter or main relay.

Is there anyway to run some quick tests?

It's a civic with a b20 and turbo. It has been running good for past 4 years, it just stopped running a coiple of weeks ago. I working oversea and brought the car with me. I want to make sure what's wrong with the car b4 I start ordering parts. Parts have to be imported from USA. I am thinking is the coil or igniter. The coil cost $130 here and is non-refundable. .
Old 03-11-2005, 01:45 PM
MaxOctane

yikes. It could also be the control module in the distributor...