Notices

92 prelude si charging system prolbems please help

Old 03-11-2005, 02:40 AM
partiesplayin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 prelude si charging system prolbems please help

some one please help i cant figure it out ... i have a prolbem with my charging system in my lude. at first i thought it was a prolbem with the alternator becasue i wasnt getting any charge what so ever so i bought a new alternator and had the old one bench tested.. the old one passed the bench test with 14.3 volts so i figured i must have a shorted wire and sure enough the feed wire to the batttery had been shorted out.. so i replaced that and i figured well since i have this new alternator now id put that in.. and this is where my current prolbem is ahhhhhh , the system wont charge more then 12.48 volts yet both alternators were bench tested and passed.. and this is not nearly enought to drive the car at night or with the stereo and heater going.. i know this because i was driving home from work and my tach went out then my spedo went out then my radio then my head lights.. this was after driving for about 3 miles after warming up the car. so i pulled over shut the car off... then 5 minutes later i started it back up and was able to drive another 5 miles to the town i lived in where i left it... so my question is why wont my alternator charge 14 + volts while in the car but will on a bench test.. thanks for any help
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM
lude520

First off hello, second, im having the same problem on my 92 lude with f22, was wondering if you had any luck,
Thanks
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM
nikkoo

Hello I'm having the same

Last edited by nikkoo; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM
nikkoo

Old 09-27-2012, 02:06 AM
berekdinda

Helpful ideas and information shared for 92 prelude si charging system problems,.
I hope its really beneficial and fix the problem,.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 PM
jimmy45

hhahahahhahha*******///
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
altonherry01

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :10q: :sleep:
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 AM
dolqiu

thanks for all the information guys
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 AM
anthony67

This problem might be due to a battery issue, bad connection, blown fuse or fusible link causing your no crank condition.
First up all check the battery with a voltmeter. A fully charged battery must have enough cranking capacity to provide the starter motor and ignition system with enough power to start the engine over a broad range of ambient temperatures. It could be bad or just low on a charge. If the battery is bad, it can still cause a no crank condition even if it has a full charge. I would rec to get it load tested at a shop or at a battery store. A battery load test will verify the actual cranking capability of the battery. This is the best test. Or you can take a voltmeter and put it on the battery and crank the engine over. If the volts drop below 9.6, the battery is bad and needs to be replaced! Just be sure all cable connections are clean and tight. Not only at the battery, but on the starter, engine and frame positive side as well as the negative side.If all checks out, make sure that you have battery voltage on both terminals of the starter when cranking. If full battery voltage (12.6 volts) is present and the starter is not working, then the starter is bad and will need to be replaced! Just be sure all fuses small regular and large size fuses are good under the hood, as well as inside the vehicle.The only other things left would be a bad neutral position switch, bad ignition switch or a wiring or connector problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
website templates