Notices

Car Crash.....

Old 03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
xmrcrackersx
poop...what a funny word.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Crash.....

Just the other day I got into an accident when some guy ahead of me stopped suddenly and I rear ended him. Every one is fine, and so is his car. As for my beautiful tegra, the hood is totaled, lights are gone (smashed to pieces), front bumper is scratched to hell and a little loose on the frame and the radiator and it's housing is bent a good amount; not severe but enough to were its non-driveable. My insurance will take care of everything, 'cept I have to pay a 500 dollar deductible. Are there any upgrades I can do at this point? I was thinking of getting some better headlights and a carbon fiber hood and maybe a performance radiator or something. But Im guessing if i wasnted to upgrade that I would have to fork out more money for those parts. Is there any way I can get around that ? Also my friend was telling me about repair shops that will wave the deductible just to get your business. Is this ture and if so then what/where are they ? Any help you guys can give will be greatly appriciated.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I had a similar accident when I was driving my parent's Accord back when I was 17. The damage was a little less severe but it still ran over $1200 to repair it. In your case, your best bet would be to hand over the $500 and get it repaired with OEM parts. It is really unfortunate to see anyone who cares about their car at all get into an accident, so my best advice would be to get everything back to normal and work on your driving skills/habits before you decide to upgrade to something more expensive. Chances are, if you get into another accident with upgraded parts, those parts won't be covered and you will end up at a large loss. Just my $.02
Old 03-09-2005, 04:00 AM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

No, body shops will not waive the deductible just to get your business. BUT, what my dad does (he owns a body shop) is he tries to save the customer a lot of money. Sometimes he saves them so much much money, that the amount they saved is equal to their deductible...meaning the driver doesn't have to pay his/her deductible at all.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Try2Live4God

I would definitely get OEM parts as mentioned. Nothing beats OEM quality. But a carbon fiber hood wouldn't be a bad idea though...
Old 03-09-2005, 07:19 AM
xmrcrackersx

My bumper can be bufed and repainted and then reattached, nothin is broken on it. As for my hood OEM would be fine cus its not an aftermarket hood that was crunched. My lights were one piece JDM lights. My insurance company says that they put the car backl together just the way it was when it was in the accident. So to me that means that they would replace aftermarket parts. And the radiator of course would be OEM. The only thing I rewally want to upgrade are my lights b/c there werent giving me much light output, so I wanted to get some halo projectors from ebay or something.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by xmrcrackersx
The only thing I rewally want to upgrade are my lights b/c there werent giving me much light output, so I wanted to get some halo projectors from ebay or something.
I wouldn't consider that an upgrade at all. Halo projectors off ebay would give you poor light output as well. Unless you could custom fit an HID kit inside the projectors.

OEM is your friend.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
carta79
Life after death

Edit: My bad, I double posted. h:
Old 03-09-2005, 03:23 PM
xmrcrackersx

Should I just get some more JDM one piece's with some silverstars ? Or get some stock lights ?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:28 PM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by xmrcrackersx
Should I just get some more JDM one piece's with some silverstars ? Or get some stock lights ?
That's up to you, either route would be better than ebay halo projectors in my opinion.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
civicandtegra

carta i disagree my sis got lights and they are much better than most lights i c