Notices

odd audio question???

Old 03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
INTGRTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd audio question???

first off, i own a 98 type r.
ive been slowly upgrading the sound system and just recently bought a sony component speaker set for the front doors. just my luck when i try to get them installed, the installer showed me that the stock hole cut-out for the tweeter is an odd cut (which looks like it will only house the stock tweeter grille cover). if he tries to use the sony setup/grille, you'll be able to see a hole almost the size of an eraser on the end of a pencil on each side of the tweeter, and on the otherhand as well, using the stock tweeter cover will also not work because the sony tweeter is too big to fit flush behind it.

the only suggestion that the installer gave, that would let me keep the interior look flush and nice and keep the component set at the same time, would be to find a set of door panels (aka: from a different model teg) that does not have the stock tweeter setup and mount the sony tweeters on that.

sorry this is long, but would it be possible to find a set of door panels that will make this thing work, or am i S.O.L with the set of component speakers? appreciate any feedback on what i should do.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:32 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

i have no problem installing Rockford components in my 01 ITR
maybe you can look into these components or an 01 ITR door panel
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 PM
99IntegraGS

Had no poblem installing Kenwood components in the doors of my GS. Was even able to use part of the stock tweeter bracket. I hope my MB Quarts go in as easily.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM
bbasso

And I installed Pioneer Premier componets in my R's stock locations w/o any problems other then cutting the front baskets to fit the larger magnet for the 6.5 speaker.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

no problem here with JL's.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
pnthr30

I have a 99 GS and was able to use all teh OEM mouting brackets, covers, etc. with my Infinity components. I did have to "shave" down the sides (plastic part) of the Infinity tweeter to make them fit into the OEM mounting bracket, but with a little work, they fit in there nice and tight and went back into the door - just like stock. Are the Sony tweeters bigger than others, maybe? Good luck!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
INTGRTY

im guessing the sony tweets are larger from what it sounds like, considering all of these other brands fit in nicely. for yall's tweeters, did they come with a casing around it (or a grille already formed around the tweeter) already, or were they bare to fit behind a stock grille, etc? the sonys come with a molded grille around the tweeter already, so that might be a reason why they wont fit.
i guess ill have to try and send them back and try some rockfords or pioneers.