Notices

Legend 6 speed

Old 08-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Kavikgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legend 6 speed

has anyone seen one of these b4 on the street? ive only seen one, and that was when i was visiting my uncle in washington. it must be so to own one of these
Old 08-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Kavikgold

i guess no one likes legends
Old 09-02-2002, 12:06 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

They made a few of them.... key word "few". I think deep down inside every Honda enthusiast would give their right arm for one of these (I know I would, then learn to shift left handed ) They are very sought after now, and when one goes on sale, if it is in average or better condition, it gets snachted up for pretty much whatever the asking price is. The problem was that the manual tranny Honda had back then couldn't handle the torque of a V6, and the clutch was wearing out at 50,000 miles. This was under normal driving... every single one of them was experiencing premature failure. So Honda quit V6 manuals all together in 1996 untill last year on the CL-S and now with the 2003 Accord. They did it right: halted production intill they could develop a reliable, well performing design. How many car companies would do that these days?
Old 09-02-2002, 08:36 PM
WhiteLegend

Check www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin

We have over a thousand members, and many with the 6spds
Old 09-03-2002, 10:32 AM
MQue
We got this

When I went to the Slo CAl Legend meet there were like 3 or 4 of them there.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:59 PM
SpeedDemon

I have a 94 Legend Coupe right now that is an automatic, I'm planning on doing a swap for a six speed tranny though. I hear that the clutch problem can be cured with a newer high performance one. Like White Legend said, come check out www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin if you have never seen it before.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:28 AM
ChrisK

I own a 6-Speed Legend Coupe
Old 09-15-2002, 09:29 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally posted by ChrisK
I own a 6-Speed Legend Coupe
How many miles did you get on the factory clutch? Other than that, :bowdown: I love those cars, man. They still look modern, six years after they were discontinued.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:34 PM
ChrisK

Originally posted by fastball

How many miles did you get on the factory clutch? Other than that, :bowdown: I love those cars, man. They still look modern, six years after they were discontinued.
Actually, I am still using the factory cluctch. I have about 86K miles right now, and it is not slipping. I figure I can go over 100K easy. What I had to replace was the hydrolic clutch master and slave cylinders throughout the years. I replced the slave at 43K under warranty, and the master when I did the timing belt at 85K. Slave was free since it was under warranty, but the part cost about $150 or so. The master is a little more than that. Total with labor and parts for the slave at dealer prices cost me $300.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:06 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally posted by ChrisK

Actually, I am still using the factory cluctch. I have about 86K miles right now, and it is not slipping. I figure I can go over 100K easy. What I had to replace was the hydrolic clutch master and slave cylinders throughout the years. I replced the slave at 43K under warranty, and the master when I did the timing belt at 85K. Slave was free since it was under warranty, but the part cost about $150 or so. The master is a little more than that. Total with labor and parts for the slave at dealer prices cost me $300.
That's not bad at all. It seems like the situation on those manuals isn't as bad as I thought. I just remember hearing even from my Acura dealer (who had a red 1996 coupe six speed for sale about a year ago) that I should be aware of the clutch problems on those V6 Legends. That's why I passed it up with 80,000 miles on it. Oh, well..... when the six speed Accord arives, I'll chose between that and the CL-S six speed. I'm sure they're bullet proof now.

Quick Reply: Legend 6 speed