Notices

Steering?!?!?!

Old 03-06-2005, 07:28 AM
mugen777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering?!?!?!

Alright me and one of my friends are going on the interstate i guess i was bored so i passed him going about 120...and my steering wheel starts turning hella hard to the left so that kinda freaked me out im sure if i would have let go it would just done like a damn 360 and left me spinning off the road.... but n e way i get off the off ramp... and im turning left and i hear a squeak type rubbing noise for about 3-4 secs... then it goes away.. i drove home on the interstate about a 30min drive and never heard it again ... and the pulling stopped and everything was fine... WHAT HAPPENED??!?!?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

performance tires have been known to pull either way at times, especially at high speeds. You may want to look into an alignment. If you say it pulled real hard, Im not sure what that could be. When you turned, one of ure front wheels could have been rubbing up against the wheelwell. When you are lowered you kinda get all these troubles with it. IF the wheel really did pull hard tho, Id get that looked into by a shop.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:22 AM
VPUPPY

also, check out your power steering fluid. if its old, it can cause blockages in your steering rack.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:41 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Your high speed handling problem could be related to tie rod bushings, steering knuckles, alignment... any suspension component that has to do with wheel alignment.

That said, there are three issues I have to raise:

1) You had no business doing 120mph on the public road. Period.

2) That you did so in a car in disrepair is even worse. You could easily have killed yourself or other innocent motorists.

3) As per the Terms of Service, I ought to lock this thread outright.

Originally Posted by HAN Terms of Service
Conduct: Participants will conduct themselves according to the highest standards of sportsmanship and will maintain a respectful demeanour in their conversations here, and in a manner that will not reflect adversely on the reputation of the board and its management Failure to do so will result in penalties, up to and including the restriction or termination of a member’s right to participate and/or the editing or deletion of a member’s posts, threads or account.

Unlawful activities will not be discussed in the forums. A member may discuss whether a law should exist, but a member may not openly advocate criminal behaviour or disregard for the law.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!