Notices

TPS Adjustment Help

Old 03-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Teknik_GSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS Adjustment Help

Today i changed my TPS in hopes that it would fix a problem i've been having with my car. Well when i cranked it over my car reved up to 3000 RPM and would idle there. Now I know you are supposed to readjust the TPS when you switch it like i did. so i tried adjusting it and nothing changed. So i checked the voltage on my VAFC and it said at no throttle it is .005 and at Wide Open its only 3.100. I read the how too and it says its supposed to read .45 at closed throttle and 4.5 at Wide Open Throttle So I tried adjusting it again but still nothing changed. I even switched back to the old sensor and still it does the same thing. So do any of you have any idea of what can be wrong now. Please help.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Is it possible that you have a vacuum leak somewhere that is contributing to the higher idle?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

it's suppose to be around .5 closed throttle at idle and 4.5 at WOT. Check your signal ground. I would do a voltage drop test on the signal ground side of the circuit. Check pinfits at the connector to the TPS and check outputs from the ECU.