Notices

vafc2 install...HELP!!!!

Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
danteisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vafc2 install...HELP!!!!

ok, hooked up the vafc2 followed the directions exactly. when i was all done, i started it up(after the setup) and the rpm on the vafc wasnt reading. so i turned it off, re spliced the wire, and started it back up. it sounded horrible, the car wasnt runnin right at all and threw a check engine light. so disconnected everything, re conncetec as teh wiring diagram said, and left the rpm wire off. still throwin a code, but the car is running. im not sure what code its throwing tho, when i run the codes, it blinks once(long) and then goes off. is that a code 1 or 0? code 0 is a ecu problem but im not sure how it would blink out 0? also for those of you taht hooked these up before, the rpm wire i hooked it up to was green and yellow(according to the diagram) is that right?
still throwin a code, but car works...without the rpm wire hooked up. i dont understand how hookin up the rpm wire would make the car not run right and throw a code? everything else is functioning properly on the vafc.

by the way, on a G3 GSR
Old 03-05-2005, 05:23 PM
danteisme

ok car changed its mind. its now throwin a code for a map sensor. i dont get it, i disconnected everything except for the powers and grounds and now its throwin a code for a map sensor instead of the IAT. i dont understand how hookin this up could make it throw a code?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:15 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Code 1 is O2 sensor. Also, if i were you I would just buy the PnP harness from Boomslang Fabrication. I had the same type of problems with my car when I tried to do the VAFC2. I got sick of it and went and bought the PnP harness.
http://www.boomslang.us/vafc.htm
I know have the PnP harness, but i also have torn up ECU wires. So now I have to take some new ECU plugs and run new wires, and heathrink them all, so it looks decent again.
They should really sell the PnP harness with the VAFC2.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:41 AM
danteisme

well, i actually had everything hooked up right when i first did this, i got this fixed the next day when this all happened. turns out 2 wires werent connected solidly so i had them soldered on instead of clipped with them blue crimps that "piggy back" them to the other wire.