Notices

Integra bad clutch or tranny?

Old 03-04-2005, 04:14 PM
toeneez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra bad clutch or tranny?

I have a 96 Integra with a 5 spd. I'm having issues when I try to shift gears. Sometimes it wont let me put it in gear at all. I just replaced the clutch master and blead the system properly. Then a couple months later, I started having problems getting it in gear.

The clutch doesn't slip AT ALL. The throw out bearing is making noise. Do you all think I can just replace the TO bearing and call it done?

TIA,
Tony
Old 03-04-2005, 04:30 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

could be the pressure plate
Old 03-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by toeneez
I have a 96 Integra with a 5 spd. I'm having issues when I try to shift gears. Sometimes it wont let me put it in gear at all. I just replaced the clutch master and blead the system properly. Then a couple months later, I started having problems getting it in gear.

The clutch doesn't slip AT ALL. The throw out bearing is making noise. Do you all think I can just replace the TO bearing and call it done?

TIA,
Tony
If you are going to go through all the work to pull the tranny just to replace the throwout bearing, you might as well replace the clutch too.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
slapmaho

synchros?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
rslsgsr
poor hungry dirt kid

Or, you could just buy a used itr tranny and call it a day? BTW, it sounds like the pressure plate. How many miles does the car have? My pressure plate went at 125k. Had to replace pp and clutch... and i got carried away and replace the flywheel too. Good luck