Notices

98 honda prelude sh stolen in North Carolina?????

Old 03-01-2005, 09:29 PM
blueboi69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 honda prelude sh stolen in North Carolina?????

my 98 sh was stolen in the morning, when i came home from work. I heard honda has a immobilizer anti-theft system, but i really dont think it works on thieves. Im originally from fresno,CA one of the top 10 hottest city for car theft in the united states. Im not surprised they stole the car because I think if the thieves want it bad enough they will get it. I heard from a friend of mines that all need is a matching key and ecu from the same vehicle. It would take a little time but honda and acura are hot these days thieves will do anything for money.
They havent found the car yet and i will keep you guys updated. Has any one had a immobilizer on there car and still got stolen?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:48 AM
onlywayisup2000

was your car in the garage and did it have something else like a clutch/brake lock on it? just curious
Old 03-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Lenn

Theres a good chance they just towed it... its easier for them to just tow the car then mess with the ignition when they get it back to their safehouse. Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you were covered for it.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Castro

sorry to hear that...I also use a club on my car...I thought the security on the ludes where pretty tight.I mean I use a club..I remove my dash because its a hot dash that u cant find....plus the alram and the immobilizer.....but i know if theives want it bad enough they will get it
Old 03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
moogotzskillz

damn... sry to hear that man... i live in NC, and i heard that they got keys for HONDA's my boi got his honda stolen 3 times, he said the dont brake in or hot wire it, they got unverisal keys>
but i hope they find it man, and cover u for it!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Yup universal keys, but I dont think they work on cars with immobilizers. They are not perfect and you kind of have to struggle with them but they work and are out there. (my buddy has one) I think they work on all honda's up 99?/ I might be wrong on this but, I know for sure it dosent work on 99-00 SI. Just get an AUTOLOCK, those arent perfect either, but I think they are the best thing to protect your car from theft.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:30 PM
preludesitdrive

i just moved from NC. I was in the army and I never heard of anyone stealing a car until now. I am glad I got out of there when i did though. Especially knowing they have uni keys. I am sorry to hear that your lude got jacked. I would be pissed too. Chances are they towed it just like someone stated. My brother lives in NJ and they stole his bmw. they found the lock on the ground but when he found his car, it still had the auto lock on it. They took all his lights rims and then they dropped the car off the flatbed due to all the damage done to the under carrage. I hope you find it and all in one piece.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

man soory to hear that man
Old 03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Castro
sorry to hear that...I also use a club on my car...I thought the security on the ludes where pretty tight.I mean I use a club..I remove my dash because its a hot dash that u cant find....plus the alram and the immobilizer.....but i know if theives want it bad enough they will get it
:lmfao: "the club"

sry mang, that sucks, hopefully insurance will give you some money for it
Old 03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

ya.. its difficult to hot wire the immobilizer system.. and even so.. they would need to swap the ecus/and swap iginitons.. which wouldnt be feasible.

They probably towed it.