Notices

Seats Delivery question

Old 02-28-2005, 09:15 AM
96AccordCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats Delivery question

This guy is selling his seats in Indiana. Thing is he wants pickup only, but said if you want them you will have to arrange pickup and pay delivery charges. I'm in NY. How do I go about arranging pickup. He said he will put it on a skid for me. Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 10:00 AM
moogotzskillz

i dunno
Old 02-28-2005, 10:06 AM
JL95AccorD

you gotta call a freight fowarder. A company that picks up and delivers merchandise. I work at a wholesaler, so I deal with them all day long. Look up a few companies and set it up. Don't know how expensive it would be in your case, but for example... from miami, fl to california, a company called trans-pro charges us 300 for each skid which are 500+ lbs. We have accounts with all these people so I don't know how it would work, if they just send you the bill. Might not be worth it, don't know. I've also known trucking companies to take a car from NJ to miami in a cargo truck for around 400. Why won't the guy pack and ship via UPS or something?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
96AccordCoupe

Thanks for the info. Dunno why the guy doesnt want to ship out Im getting desperate though, have been lookin for leather seats for a coupe for a while.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 96AccordCoupe
Thanks for the info. Dunno why the guy doesnt want to ship out Im getting desperate though, have been lookin for leather seats for a coupe for a while.

its a pain in the butt to ship it.
You gotta package them up and wait for the delivery guys to pick it up.
Its like movers.

Or.

you could jump in your car and drive the 10- 13 hours out west to indiana..
I've done it a couple of times and it took me about 10 hours.
from Nyc, NY to Avon, IN. ( About 10 minutes west of Indianapolis.)
Old 02-28-2005, 10:56 AM
JL95AccorD

Hmmmm... I wouldnt drive 10 hours for some seats. Fedex has drop off locations that he can just drop them off after he packs them. He does not need to wait for them to pick it up from his house. I don't know about UPS. I just don't think that with the expense of having a fowarder pick it up for you, it's worth the cost. So maybe you should plan a road trip with a couple friends... then maybe the 10 hour drive would be more worth it.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
jschmid

I had seats delivered that I bought off ebay, front and rear. He packaged them up and put them on a skid/palate and I went to the frieght yard to pick it up. I had to break down the load right there and put the seats in two cars to get them home. My shipping was less than $100, so he should be able to work with you. I think it was from FL to OH. If he doesn't work with you, you sound like you want the seats bad enough, you just have to decide if you want to shell out what he wants or if you want to go on a drive. If it's front and rear, you'll have to get real creative to fit in all in an accord, you'll want to remove at least the rear seat so you'll have room, maybe even the front passenger (if you are willing to drive it alone).
Old 02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

or just go take the 10 hr drive over there with you friends. take some tools go pick up the seats over there, when you get there take out your old ones, throw them out, put in the new ones and drive back home with your new leather seats!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 PM
JL95AccorD

There you go. Maybe you can do something like what jschmid did and it will not be too expensive. The 20 hour round trip also means a couple of tanks of expensive gas. Guess you gotta weight out your options and the costs of each. Personally, it sounds like quit a lot of work for some seats, and like the 2 people doing business don't have the slightest idea on how to do business.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

Originally Posted by JL95AccorD
There you go. Maybe you can do something like what jschmid did and it will not be too expensive. The 20 hour round trip also means a couple of tanks of expensive gas. Guess you gotta weight out your options and the costs of each. Personally, it sounds like quit a lot of work for some seats, and like the 2 people doing business don't have the slightest idea on how to do business.
come on now....its a 4 cyl for goodness sake!!! try going on that 20 hour round tripp on an 8 cyl!!