Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 accord suspension

Old 02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 accord suspension

i HAVE SEARCHED for more than an hour on this topic, on this forum and just on the web in general, but i havent found many people w/ aftermarket suspension setups for 7th gen accord. i have a coupe and was plannin on gettin me prokits from eibach. i wanna play it safe and invest in some shocks w/ it, but i dunno which brands have been used or have been reviewed.

kyb agx's and tokico illuminas dont have apps for 7th gens (as far as ive searched). so are there any other suggestions? thanks~
Old 02-27-2005, 07:51 PM
jschmid

Check out Koni or Bilstien. I know they make Koni Sports (aka Yellow) for 7th gen Accords. If you they are available, get the Koni SP3 version of the Koni Sports. Search my posts on this forum for details, they offer a little more fine tuning of your drop to suit your liking.

I found the Koni Sports on www.shox.com and www.tirerack.com for the 7th gen applications, but you might find them cheaper somewhere else.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:41 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

I guess there just isn't much available yet. I was considering it last year and looked into it myself, but none of the options were cheap for lowering a 7th gen. Accord. Curiously enough, there are mucho springs available but only one shock/strut that I've found (Konis) at $170/wheel. From other conversations I've seen on the web, it's you'll likely need a camber kit for the rear if you lower very much at all. (I was driving behind a presumed stock coupe yesterday, and noticed how the rear wheels kick in) Some guys are claiming to be just out of spec. with only the factory lowering kit.

After seeing a lowered 7th gen. in person, I really got the bug to lower it. I'm just not ready to spend $1k to lower my car, so I'm going to just sit back and wait to see what develops.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
LordAccord

Yeah, unfortunately Koni is about it for your strut options, but it's not as if those aren't good. Generally those are the best to buy, and if you're going to be waiting around anyways, by the time something else comes out you probably will have saved the money to go with the best :-)

I would do it, if it were me.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

thanks for the help so far. yeah im lookin around and im just seein that i might have to spend $600 on struts...sigh. i dunno. for a total of about $1k on everything, i might have to wait quiiiite a while. if anyone has any other alternative suggestions, id totally appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:16 PM
LordAccord

If you can deal without the damper adjustability, you probably would be relatively satisfied with this setup:

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/t...sic_coilovers/
Old 02-27-2005, 09:21 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

hmm...pretty interesting. never really thought of going coilovers. can anyone help confirm these? i dont doubt theyre a good product, i just like hearing from people who either have them or know a good deal about them. just tryin to use caution here before spending a pretty penny.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:48 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

just get tein Basic coilvers at this site and u'll be set and i think it better than koni w/ spring combo and also their cheaper than prostreet... http://www.optionimports.com/suspension.htm
Old 02-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Vlad666

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...perf&x=59&y=10

Check out here. Eibach now has Pro-System Kit/Sport-System Kit(Springs+shocks) $496/$433 respectively.
They also have KONI yellow, but they are at $161 a pop. Do the math...

Cheers. Hope this helps
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

i think the pro-system kit from eibach is gonna be my pick on this one. pretty affordable and its probably the best fit for what im lookin for: decent drop and close to stock ride. thanks a lot for everyones input, it really helped.