Notices

Please Help!

Old 02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
v-teg01
Candy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!

i just bought a 92 integra GSR and i have a big problem. The car starts up fine but when I push the clutch in to put it into first it wont go into first. I was in a parking lot last night and I couldnt get it to go in, so I put it into reverse and then shoved it into 1st gear, and couldnt get it to go back into first gear the whole way home. Then this morning I took it out and it wouldnt go into any gear except 5th gear. I opened the hood and it look like theres oil all over, I dont know much about cars, but anything could really help at this point! Please help
Old 02-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Tobra

You do have a big problem. Try and see if you can figure out where oil is coming from, my guess would be transmission, obviously. It seems to me if something happened in there that was bad enough to make it leak is definitely not good. It is possible that the drain plug fell out or is not tight enough. Check your tranny oil/fluid, I am not familiar enough with the G-2 integra to tell you where exactly, but on passenger side below the drive axles is likely.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Sounds like a clutch issue to me. When was the last time it was replaced? I had a similar issue where the clutch disk had actually broken due to the heat and I couldn't get it in gear.