Notices

need help fast - coolant gone!

Old 02-26-2005, 02:38 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help fast - coolant gone!

ok i just installed my aem v2. me being totally ignorant doing this, i saw that the reserve tank for the coolant was only like 1/4 of a cup (barely any, it was below min) so i was like uhhh thats werid y do i have so little coolant. little do i know that i pop open a tube to replace it with the aem one and coolant sprays everywhere!!!

what should i do? do i fill the coolant back up to "max" on the reserve tank? thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Open the radiator (when it's cold of course) and pour coolant in until it won't take any more. Run the motor until it is warm and the fan clicks on with the cap open. Squeeze the hoses to remove any bubbles from the system and put the cap on. This will remove all air from the system and will prevent the overheating Hondas are prone to. The overflow tank is pretty useless as it just allows the coolant extra room to move during the expansion/contraction process when it is heated. Then you can fill the tank to the max line. I wouldn't worry so much about the reservoir tank as I would about bubbles in the system after the install of that hose.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:55 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

mixture of 50/50 coolant water im guessing ur saying. do i have ot use the genuine honda coolant? ive read something about no silicates in it or osmething. u guys have any experience?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I just use a 70/30 mixture of water to coolant. I use the Prestone brand of coolant. I don't have to worry about it freezing here in So. Cal., so I use more water than coolant. I haven't had an issue with the Prestone yet, so I recommend it since it is much cheaper than Genuine Honda.