Notices

this car is getting on my nerves!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:27 PM
integraLSgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this car is getting on my nerves!

i'm getting so fed up with this car!! i think i need new breaks if there grinding everytime i break, right? well tell me what this problem is. i was driving my car to cedar rapids, (15 minute drive) and when i get onto the interstate, i hear a thudder noise (like it was a flat tire). so i stop on the side to check it out and it seemed fine, no flats, nothing wrong at all! so we get on the ramp and i hear that noise again so i start freaking out and i get paranoid so i pull over again. i check it and i see nothing wrong so i drive and went back home to grab my boyfriends car, driving slow (just to be cautious). i get home and i run my fingers through the tire on back passenger side and i feel like metal wires sticking out of the car, so i'm guessing the tires are bald but they don't look bald at all! and while i was driving it seemed as if the tire was lose, like it wasn't tightend on right? well anyways, i come back home two hours later and i checked the car w/ my flashlight and noticed the top part of the tire caved into the rim. ??? HELP! god, seems like everytime i have a problem with this car, i come here! i'm so glad i can get a quick response! i love you guys!!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would take it to a tire place and have the check it out for you. If the tires are salvagable, it sounds like they need to be balanced. If they aren't salvagable, get new ones. I would also get the brakes done ASAP too so that you wont have to worry about your rotors being gone as well.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:53 PM
HYBRID

if its broken, fix it
Old 02-24-2005, 10:21 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

Did somebody borrow the car recently? I used to do e-brake drifting in crappy 50 dollar cars and it leaves really bad flat spots on the tires, and if you slide far enough, then what you are describing happens. The tire will shake and thump because there is only tread missing on one spot on the tire thus making it not round. Or is your car lowered? Maybe forgot to get a camber correction kit while you were in there? If so the tires would sit at a funny angle causing the insides to wear out before the outsides. And when the rear brakes on mine went bad they squealed all the time, didnt matter how much pedal I gave it or not. Had to drive 30 miles home with that damn noise. If the tire shop is far away then I would have the car towed, no sense in risking more damage to the car. And by all means have the brakes checked by a well known mechanic, the dealership will try to sell you a new everything whether you need it or not. But do not scrimp on brakes, that could cost you your life well good luck.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

It sounds like your tires are taking a shit from the inner-out. What you were feeling was most likely the symptom of a soon to be blow out. Bad vibration, sounds like a seat belt flapping in the wind etc. I'd say you were on the verge. I've been through 2 of those my self and it is no joke. Both rear tires luckily, the tires peeled like an onion, spiraled to the outside, ****ed the paint, cracked my window and knocked the bumper off. It sucked. Is your car lowered at all? If it doesn't have a camber kit and an aligment I would get that done too. If the springs are cut and the shocks are shot too, you may be looking at more than just tires to replace, all those things play a role in how your tires wear. Good luck!!!