Notices

where is the Throttle Angle Sensor help a brotha out !!!!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the Throttle Angle Sensor help a brotha out !!!!

Okay I finally got this damn thing (90 accord lx auto) to spit out a code after three days of screwing with it. It spit out a 7 which my research on the net says is the Throttle Angle Sensor is open cuircuit or shorted out. Okay now where is it? I just did the timing belt and water pump, oil change, dist cap/wires/plugs and havent seen anything that looks like it to me. I am new to accords, I have an Integra but this is nothing like my setup. Help me get this car back to my little brother, he wants to drive it soon
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 PM
oldschoolimport

it should be on the side of the throttle body like every other honda. its a black plastic piece with 2 snap head screws (one on top and one on bottom), and it has a plug clipped in it. to get it out, dremel slots in the snap screws and back them out with a flat screw driver. or better yet get a used throttle body so the resistance of the sensor is correct (there is a little play in the screw slots).
Old 02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

So the throttle position sensor is the same thing? Im my integra when the tps went bad there was a seperate code for it, and it wasnt called a Throttle Angle Sensor. My friend told me it should be somewhere that it can count the rpms of the crankshaft but didnt know where it was on this car.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
oldschoolimport

sounds like you are referring to the crank angle sensor. and I'm not sure where that is on the f22. I have one in my garage, I'll look when I get home.