Notices

Chicagoland - Place for Alloy Wheel Repair?

Old 02-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Patchanams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicagoland - Place for Alloy Wheel Repair?

Hey for all you Chicagoland people on the board - do you know of a place that repairs Honda OEM Alloy wheels. The clear coat on my wheels have been getting a little destroyed and beat up due to salt etc from this winter. Does anybody know of a place that refinishes wheels and how much does it cost etc. Thanks for all your help!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i got mine refinished @ Wheels America in Arlington Heights. there is a catch though ...

I had them done last march for $109 a rim ... I've beat on my wheels all winter long and now the clear coat on the refinished rim is completely coming off.

I contacted them about the problem and they are more than willing to redo the rims for free. There is a life time guarantee on them, just don't lose your sales invoice.

before

after
Old 02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
akord 97

i was just recommend that. hey andrew,how long did it take to fix? possible to bring the car and have them fix rims on site.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:52 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by akord 97
i was just recommend that. hey andrew,how long did it take to fix? possible to bring the car and have them fix rims on site.
it was a FAST process. i dropped off the rims on a Friday afternoon, maybe 4ish and picked them up first thing on Saturday, around 10am.

there's no garage, so you'll have to take the rims off your car and leave them overnight.