Notices

Taking off 90-93 Integra Steering Wheel

Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking off 90-93 Integra Steering Wheel

I plan on going to junkyard this weekend & getting a steering wheel I saw. What size socket or what all do I need to remove wheel? The leather wheel is in good cond. Thanks if anyone can help. Gingas
Old 02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
2accord

I have replaced my 90 integra factory steering wheel with a 93 factory steering wheel. Although I started with a socket set, I ultimately used a 4-way lug nut wrench(tire tool), to remove the steering wheel bolt. The 4-way provided extra leverage/strenght & torque to make the bolt easy to remove. If you use a socket it will have to be a deep socket with an extension. It's relatively an easy replacement. Just make sure the wheels are straight when replacing the steering wheel & that all of the parts are with/on the new steering wheel.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:00 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

A 14mm and a breaker bar did it for me on my 99, and since you don't have airbags it should be the same. 2 plastic pieces on the left and right of the wheel snap off, there should be 2 bolts/screws/torx screws, not sure that un-do and allow your horn to pop off. That should then expose your nut that holds it to the shaft. If you change your mind I have a Tenzo Tracer steering wheel w/a momo hub for sale. Near new. Black on black for 150. Let me know, whatever...good luck!!!