Notices

2003 Honda Accord sedan I4 suspension modifications.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Vlad666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Honda Accord sedan I4 suspension modifications.

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and the whole idea of car modding. Got registered yesterday. never really done anything like I am about to take on before. Hope you guys will help me to clear confusion I found myself in with regards to suspension modifications since lots of you been doing this for a long time. I am planning to lower my car and upgrade wheels to 18" and good tires and have done extensive research on what's out there(springs, shocks, coilovers, camber kits, sway and strut bars, wheels, tires, sizes ect). I have a pretty good general idea, but I would really appreciate if you can provide some input so I can make my final desision. Please tell me what you guys have or had on your rides, what components combinations, brand names, what worked and what not, what did you like and what you did not. Any input will help me tremendously.

Regards to all of you!

Vlad
Old 02-23-2005, 01:41 PM
jschmid

Welcome. Glad to see a quality post about something that will actually make your more fun to drive, not "how can I get 50 more HP? I only want to spend a couple hundred bucks..."

There are few options out there. Just make sure you stick with name brand stuff. I personally have a spring/shock combo, H&R sport springs with Koni adjustable shocks. The ride is sweet, more firm than stock, but very livable for everyday. Sway bars will have a dramatic effect on handling as well. You can go for something on the affordable side and get a 6speed 04-05 TL rear sway, or get a complete set like comptech, eibach, etc.

Click my link below for more details and post if you have further questions.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:17 AM
JL95AccorD

My suggestion: Do a search in the forum. There are plenty of threads that have suspension setups, don't go for dirt cheap items, and don't believe anyone about the special horsepower stickers.

haha