Notices

Anybody had problems with stock tires - Bridgestone

Old 08-24-2002, 01:14 PM
99AccordCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody had problems with stock tires - Bridgestone

My Accord came with Bridgestone Potenzas stock, just like most Accords. Then 2 years into the life of the car, they start to make noise. Like a lump, lump noise that's noticeable at low speeds. I go to Honda and they say the tires are not "round". I go to Firestone to inquire about the warranty and they say it's only for the first 12 months and they will give me a discount on a new set because the tires still have tread life in them.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms from their Bridgestones. I'm not going to replace them now, because I still have about a year of tread life in them. I rotated them and the noise is still there. The breaks are fine, and wheel bearings are fine, so it's got to be the tires. Eventually I'll get Michelins which I heard are worth the premium price.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:47 PM
razorv3

i thought most accords came with the michelin mxv4 plus tires?
Old 08-24-2002, 06:04 PM
RKV

i had a 6th generation 4 cylinder, and i had those tires.. maybe he has a I4? btw, u sure its only 1 yr, 12,000 miles, dont quote me on that, i forgot what u wrote already, but make sure, cuz my manual i swore said something else.. and if its a defect, not ur fault they should do more than a discount. unless ur car is lowered, cuz than they'll probably never say its their fault. cuz i kno when my tires were messed up(due to being lowered 4 inches at the time), bridgestone local dealer said they would give me free ones(cuz i raised the ride to stock height, LOL), but than again, that was during that time with the Ford EXplorers, so maybe it was just cuz of PR(their public relations sucked at that time, bad image) they did for me.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Accordlxcpe97
The Krazy One

Mine came with the bridgestone's and I have since replaced them. I have them on my stock steelies for emergencies (2 of them). They are still good and have about 85% of their tread