Notices

ABS light on my 92 accord

Old 02-22-2005, 09:59 AM
hondaaccordf22a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light on my 92 accord

Ok this sux. I have my 92 Accord EX. I bought of a lot and the ABS light has been on sense. It was a buy here pay here thing. Their "Mechanic" said the vehicle speed sensor is bad. Well i was thinking if the vss was bad the speedometer would be off. I can't put my finger on it. No fuses nothing. Anyone had the same problem. My accord has 207,400 miles on (Still keeps up with a toyota celica and my car is stock) had to replace a lot of parts already. I just need to know what to replace now. Also anyone have a clutch for an accord 92 I need on of those too. Thanks
Old 02-26-2005, 02:41 PM
prelude97

do a search on DTC codes. it's an odb I so they'll be the older flavor. once you get the codes read, it'll lead you to the bad part.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:55 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you know how to read the error codes? Find the proper connector, jumper it with a paperclip & watch the light flashing.

When you read codes, you get engine ECU codes & also ABS system codes. Honda had a couple different code lists over the years, so be sure it's the right list for your car. There's different ways to interpret the flashing, depending on which year...

My '95 Integra ABS has no error code for the VSS. I don't have the Helm book in front of me, but I didn't think the ABS even uses the VSS (it's got it's own wheel sensors). That makes me wonder what the mechanic is saying?

But even if it's true about the VSS, it could be that the VSS itself is OK, as well as the circuit to the ECU & cluster. But the circuit back to the ABS controller might be open...
Old 02-28-2005, 05:11 AM
hondaaccordf22a

OBD doesn't start until 94 or 96. To get the codes there is a multi tap i have to use on a multi port 1 for my car...Already tried.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

i feel ya... i have 93 EX 16x,xxx miles ABS came on about 7,000 ago...i count it as a blessing and am currently trying to get rid as much of the system as possible...
but from what i found, the wheel sensor was bad, and plus the grooves were corroted and i couldn't even see grooves. my rear pass and driver front were bad, so check and see if those are ok.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
prelude97

obd2 = 1996 and newer
odb1 (92-95)

JimBlakes instructions should be fine. There probably is a obd connector but you don't want to use that one unless you have an obd Iscanner. The one you want is the scs connector.