Notices

Idle adjustment on a '96 ?

Old 02-22-2005, 09:39 AM
01ACCORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle adjustment on a '96 ?

I found the screw on the TB that is supposed to adjust it, according the the Haynes manual, but turning it does nothing. I need to advance it slightly. It's idling below 500. That makes it a little rough. It also then said something about removing a fuse, unplugging the IAC ?

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to pay an hour of shop time for this.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure about a fuse, but the IACV is bolted to the back of the intake manifold. It looks like a little motor. Unplug that & then adjust to 500 or whatever the book says.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
bonestock

IAC in yellow circle.

after you unplug the IACV a CEL will come up, adjust the idle with the idle screw with the IACV unplugged. once your done adjusting put the plug back in and pull the 7.5 amp radio back up fuse to reset the ECU and clear the CEL.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
01ACCORD

Originally Posted by bonestock

IAC in yellow circle.

after you unplug the IACV a CEL will come up, adjust the idle with the idle screw with the IACV unplugged. once your done adjusting put the plug back in and pull the 7.5 amp radio back up fuse to reset the ECU and clear the CEL.
Perfect. Had it not been so cold out the day we were fooling with it, I would have tried all this.

You just explained what I was having trouble understanding. Why pull the fuse? Okay, to clear the CEL. I also have OBDII interface to my notebook to clear it...but this is MUCH easier :-)
Old 02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Mike Oxbigger

while your back there you may want to take the IAC valve off and spray carb cleaner in it to clean up carbon buildup