Notices

Will 95 accord lx coupe motor fit a sedan?

Old 02-21-2005, 09:30 PM
shoemaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 95 accord lx coupe motor fit a sedan?

My 95 accord lx coupe was recently involved in a wreck. There was extensive damage done to the rear of the car. The repair extimate is high enough for me to consider buying a non-running parts car and swapping in my engine, tranny, etc. Unfortunately, the coupe body style is pretty scarce compared to the sedan. My question is, will my engine (F22B) fit a sedan just as it does a coupe? Also, will my lx motor fit an dx or ex as well?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Why don't you total it out and buy another car? I personally wouldn't bother with the swap. Part out the car and buy another one.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read DIY section sticky...
Old 02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
as_merrill
aka FlamedAccord

im sure it will, but you might as well buy a new car...
Old 02-22-2005, 11:36 AM
jschmid

Not worth it unless you had just swapped in the motor into your car and it was recently rebuilt/built up, etc. And then you would know enough about it to know that it would fit, so in your case, not worth it.

Just get the money from the total, buy a new car. Make it another 5th gen if you love them that much.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

Originally Posted by jschmid
Not worth it unless you had just swapped in the motor into your car and it was recently rebuilt/built up, etc. And then you would know enough about it to know that it would fit, so in your case, not worth it.

Just get the money from the total, buy a new car. Make it another 5th gen if you love them that much.

i agree
Old 02-22-2005, 03:03 PM
bonestock

sedan and coupe have same motors just depends on the model if they are vtec or non vtec. like others say just total it and get another one
Old 02-26-2005, 01:46 PM
moogotzskillz

i would agree wit the guys^^^ . but why would u want to put a NON-VTEC(all lx accords are non-vtec) and put it in a EX which is STOCK VTEC... JUST buy a new accord.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by jschmid

:werd:

I dont see you saving much from all the work and the considerable time it would take compared to just buying another 5th Gen accord. If you had a newly rebuilt engine, or a H22 in your car, that would be one thing, but a stock F22B? Dont think it would be worth it.

The TL-S / The 540i