Notices

h22a motor swap into 96 accord

Old 02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
axion4888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a motor swap into 96 accord

right now i have a 91 accord and its not fast enough. i am looking to put a h22a prelude motor into a 1996 accord i can get the car and motor for cheap if i shop around. i have done motor swaps before but i dont know much about this swap. just a few questions of what ill need. will i need a new ecm and harness? new mounts? just basically what will i need.
thanx
Old 02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
540i6

just search the threads, youll find tons on it. My question for you is how much power do you want, and how much do you want to spend? You could just turbo the f22 which is what Im doing. Unlike the h22 it has steel cylinder sleeves so it can handle the turbo on the stock block. Also it has like 8.8:1 compression pistons so you could basically just spend 2-3 grand with tuning if you shop around on having the car turbo'd and make like 225-250 whp on 10 psi which is safe. The H22 can make a lot more power but costs a lot more, the engine alone is like 3 grand. So if you want real serious power and have a lot of money do the h22 and build it up or something, but if you just want some good power so you can play with muscle and other reasonably fast cars without breaking your wallet, just turbo the f22.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
99Accolude
heavy cars Rule!

Originally Posted by axion4888
right now i have a 91 accord and its not fast enough. i am looking to put a h22a prelude motor into a 1996 accord i can get the car and motor for cheap if i shop around. i have done motor swaps before but i dont know much about this swap. just a few questions of what ill need. will i need a new ecm and harness? new mounts? just basically what will i need.
thanx
ok first off it depends on what year motor you get. try to get same year h22 so that the harness is the same as the motor. all you really need is driver side motor mount it might be different. everything else should go in directly. im not entirely sure . the power steering line might ave to be altered to make it reach since its too short. driver side mount i belive need to drill a hole so that both studs match holes on braket. other than that its all normal swap. use accords axles. h22 ecu. like said above check threads theres a thread somewhere here that basicly breaks everything down for your year accord.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:02 AM
axion4888

in reply to the turbo f22 i have a f22 in my 1991 accord and it has 210 psi compression so the internals are perfect but i wanted to do a turbo but i dont want to spend a couple thousand on and older car. plua i couldnt find a turbo manifold anywhere that was sold by itself and with nothing else. plus i have found that a long block h22 with tranny and all asseries is about 2300 im willing to spend that.
thanx
Old 02-24-2005, 07:32 AM
JL95AccorD

Just search the forum. There's a lot of complete writeups in the DIY for this swap. And for the comment about the engine mount, I remember one of those threads had info on a company that makes mounts for this swap. I can't remember the name of it though, but I know it's in here.