Notices

H22A Motor turbo?

Old 02-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22A Motor turbo?

Hey guys,
So my friend is looking into buying an Integra! (Yay )
It's a 94RS, but it's got a H22A motor dropped into it. Can someone please kill our curiosities, and let us know if there would be an issue in the future when he can afford to turbo it?

I don't know much about... well... anything... haha.
So any knowledge is appreciated as always!
:kiss:

~ B
Old 02-21-2005, 05:42 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't put much boost to it. Hseries motors are notorious for not having very strong sleeves. I'd build it before boosting it...
Old 02-21-2005, 06:45 AM
T-4
Integra Wanna-be

Hi, I'm Ninj4r's friend who might be buying the Teg. Going down to see it today actually.

Since this is my first car that isn't a piece of crap, I planned on babying it a bit. If I want to turbo it I'm gonna go to some decent lengths to keep it running while turboed. But still, I appreciate the advice. I don't want it to blow up.

So what I was really curious is how easily it would be to put in the turbo. I know I can get it to fit, but would a kit be easy to install or would I have to play around some to fit it? I know that the A/C and Power Steering have problems when you do this swap, but the guy selling it said that the Power Steering is already fixed up. No word on the A/C though.

Anyways, thanks for the info.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This isn't a very common swap and it would be a lot easier on a Civic since they have the single core radiator and it frees up a lot of space. The A/C on the teg shouldn't be a problem since the condensor/fan/lines are in front of the radiator, but I'm no expert on the Hseries/teg hybrid.

The mechanics of the turbo are the easy part. You need to look more into the tuning aspect - injectors, fuel management, etc.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:47 AM
T-4
Integra Wanna-be

From what I have read the H/Teg swap almost always kills the A/C. You need to completely replace the radiator on it. I'm hoping either the guy figured out how to get the A/C working or that I can with some help. I live in Florida, so it's nice to have A/C and sometimes it's needed.