Notices

I two of my new Hondas Thursday

Old 02-19-2005, 09:28 PM
01ACCORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I two of my new Hondas Thursday

I got my new EX-V6 Sedan and the EX-L Pilot. The LX Coupe for my son will wait until March, though he took it for a lengthy test drive today.

I noticed last night I didn't have the key for the locking lugs. Dealer doesn't know where they are since it was pulled in from another dealership.

They don't have a master, but said they can get them off but it will ruin the current lock-lugs and they will give me a brand new set.

Anyone know how they will do it? I don't want the wheel buggered in any way. They said they have a new master key on order (somone lost the one they keep in the shop). Maybe I should just wait? I won't be driving it much if any for the next few weeks.

I love the heated leather seats. Don't have that on my 2001 EX-V6. I was thinking that I'll use the 3 free months of XM Radio and forget it...but I'm starting to like it. Damn them!

I'll say this, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, under the hood looks like my 2001. Total different critter resting in there. I don't like the nasty cast looking intake manifold. The plastic covers on the 2001 made it look more pleasing.

Still waiting on a few items ordered that weren't in stock on both vehicles.

I don't like the big remote/keys. I'll see if they can cut me a key to use without it. It's kind of bulky in your pocket.

I'll give a few more comparisons when I get to drive it a bit. Weather is supposed to SUCK the next few days, so I'll drive the '01
Old 02-20-2005, 08:13 AM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Originally Posted by 01ACCORD

I don't like the big remote/keys. I'll see if they can cut me a key to use without it. It's kind of bulky in your pocket.
Unfortunately I don't believe there is a separate remote fob that will work
with your key-less/alarm. You can have them cut a key using a
Accord DX blank (LX use the same remote as EX) and just manually
lock/unlock by the key. Or you can use your valet key.
Both of your new Honda's are nice rides, enjoy.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:23 AM
buster133

Default remotes

I think the keyless remotes from the Acura TSX might work on your Accord. We had a Honda key with a built in remote like you have, sitting in the lost and found box at work, after 6 months I figured the owner of the key wasn't coming back, so I took it. Anyways, I was able to program the Honda key/remote to be fully functional with my sister's 04 TSX.The numbers on the back of the remotes are different, but the Honda remote still works on this car, so I guess it could work the other way around since the TSX has a key and separate remote like you are used to with the 01 Accord. The only thing is, if they cut you a separate key with out the remote, the head of the key might be about the same size as what you have now.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:14 AM
01ACCORD

I'll probably get another Valet type key cut. Or maybe I'll get used to the new key :-)

Any comments on the Wheel lock removal?
Old 02-20-2005, 12:11 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by 01ACCORD
I'll probably get another Valet type key cut. Or maybe I'll get used to the new key :-)

Any comments on the Wheel lock removal?
I'd just wait until you get the key they ordered, the chances that you have a problem before then is pretty slim. Not worth the trouble of taking off the lugnut by alternative means.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:48 PM
01ACCORD

Originally Posted by jschmid
I'd just wait until you get the key they ordered, the chances that you have a problem before then is pretty slim. Not worth the trouble of taking off the lugnut by alternative means.
Might be the best solution. They will still have to give me a whole new set, but a Master key would be easier on the wheels for sure.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:32 PM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by buster133
I think the keyless remotes from the Acura TSX might work on your Accord. We had a Honda key with a built in remote like you have, sitting in the lost and found box at work, after 6 months I figured the owner of the key wasn't coming back, so I took it. Anyways, I was able to program the Honda key/remote to be fully functional with my sister's 04 TSX.The numbers on the back of the remotes are different, but the Honda remote still works on this car, so I guess it could work the other way around since the TSX has a key and separate remote like you are used to with the 01 Accord. The only thing is, if they cut you a separate key with out the remote, the head of the key might be about the same size as what you have now.
Really that works? I might try that for my TSX as I like how the accord has everything in one piece, which means less occupied space in my pocket (i carry enough keys + FOBs as is for work). Now if only I had a programmer for the key...
Old 02-20-2005, 03:29 PM
buster133

The actual Honda key doesn't work the locks or the ignition because the shank of the key is totally different than the Acura TSX and 6th Gen Accords. I have the remote portion of the Honda key programmed to work on the TSX and I have it on a key ring with the gray valet key so I have three functioning remotes paired with three keys, thay way whoever has the valet set of keys can still pop the trunk, lock/unlock, and lower all of the windows, just like with the Acura remote, but it didn't cost me anything because the Honda key was L&F. The TSX remotes program themselves just like the remotes on the 6th gen Accords.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:05 PM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Ah...make sense, thanks for the info, I had to go to my parent's home and look at my dad's key and I was kinda wondering the same thing too about shank. Damn false hopes !
Old 02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
01ACCORD

Got lucky today, the dealer found his "Master" and removed my locks and gave me new ones :-) No damage.