Notices

why is my a$$ sagging?

Old 02-18-2005, 10:26 PM
headbussaboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is my a$$ sagging?

a few weeks ago, i finally decided to restore my 91 accord se. first, i had a used stock motor put in (compression is 210 across all 4 cylinders, pretty good). then, i bought new seats and door panels (old ones were torn up). other parts such as lower ball joints and axles were also replaced. the car was taken to Tires Plus to have KYB GR-2 shocks and struts put on along with a set of Dropzone coilovers (i bought them NEW and had the shop do the labor). they told me that they would adjust the coilovers so it would be 2 inches above my fenders and if i want to lower it, then i could do it myself. when i arrived at the shop, i noticed the rear of my ride lower than the front (actually, the top of the tire was just under the fender). i asked them about this and they told me that the rear coilovers are all the way up and that the sagging of the rear was a common problem in accords with lowering systems.
i took my car home to put on the new front and rear sway bars. when i jacked the rear of my car up, the coilovers were indeed, all the way up. i thought coilovers were adjustable, from 0"-4", not from 2.5"-4"??? somebody tell me why the rear of my car is so low when my coilovers are all the way up!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:35 PM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

The front springs typically have a stiffer spring rate than the rear. Maybe the fronts need to settle. It will take a week or 2 for the springs to settle. The only other reason would be that the rear springs are shorter than the stock ones.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:16 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

maybe the shop fuked them up?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 AM
jschmid

1. Dropzone isn't exactly a reputable brand.
2. You can't really measure from the height of the wheel arch to the ground, the rear fender comes down further than the front, to allow the front tires greater clearance since they turn.

But there could still be something wrong with either the install or the sleeves themselves.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:10 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe cheap stuff or crappy labor work. personally i would re-install them myself just to make sure the shop didnt fk up.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:45 PM
headbussaboi

Originally Posted by strykernyc
maybe cheap stuff or crappy labor work. personally i would re-install them myself just to make sure the shop didnt fk up.
Too bad i am not experienced in the auto-mechanics skill.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:42 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is always a first time. just take ur time and make sure u got a friend helping u and know where autozone is just in case u need tools that u dont have. is not hard thing to do, it might take time but is better to take ur time and do it right. is not like a timing belt job, that i wouldnt mess with yet. i am a noob n cars
Old 02-20-2005, 02:24 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

when you forget a couple bushings in the whole setup, this causes the car to be way lower...

ive almost done this before until i realized that there were 1-2 bushings still sitting on the driveway, lol.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:44 PM
headbussaboi

Originally Posted by wedley2
when you forget a couple bushings in the whole setup, this causes the car to be way lower...

ive almost done this before until i realized that there were 1-2 bushings still sitting on the driveway, lol.
Well, now that the shop did the install, i guess i will not know what I'm missing.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:06 AM
goodfella

i think they put em on backwards...meaning the back in the front...my boy has dropzones on his 93 accord and all the way up is really high...take it abck to them and make sure they did it right...u should have went to a suspension shop or somethin for them to install coilovers...tires plus and so on dont specialize in lowered cars...