Notices

Got some painting advice?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:53 PM
n30n_3V@

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some painting advice?

I recently had an accident with my 1995 accord LX, and instead of having the body shop replace the front bumper cover i been driving around with a pretty decent size hole in the original. Now that i have some money saved up AGAIN, i been thinking real hard about getting a body kit(front, rear, side skirts) from VIS and then repainting my car. The only reason i am keeping it the same color is cuz i dont wanna be paying out the ass to have a body shop remove the engine and have to paint the engine compartment, all the door jams. its just too much money. Finally, my question is... should i have him paint the black moldings to match, or should i take the moldings off and just fill and paint over the holes?

thanks

p.s. expect pictures asap after the body kit and paint job are complete
Old 02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
jschmid

Depends on your budget and what look you want. It'll be more money to have the holes filled, and the moldings might prevent some dings, but if you want the look bad enough, then go for it.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
n30n_3V@

I think i actually like to keep the moldings, just in case some ass hole decides to park close. now just to decide whether or not to paint them to match or keep em flat black...

open to suggestion, lemme know whatcha think guys
Old 02-18-2005, 04:12 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by n30n_3V@
I think i actually like to keep the moldings, just in case some ass hole decides to park close. now just to decide whether or not to paint them to match or keep em flat black...

open to suggestion, lemme know whatcha think guys
Paint 'em to match.