Notices

how to get check engine codes for accord

Old 02-17-2005, 09:35 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get check engine codes for accord

Hi I am not new to this website but am new to accords. I have a 92 Integra and I just got my little brother a 90 accord lx 2 door and was wondering how to get the codes to flash on the dash. On my teg you have to turn car off and jump a wire into a plug under the glovebox and turn key back on and count the flashes. Is this what I need to do to the accord? It idles up and down and tries to die. My teg did this too and the tps was bad but it is a stick and the accord is an auto so I want to find the problem before I do the timing belt and tuneup on it so if I got something else wrong I can get it while the car is apart. So if anybody can help me and maybe link me to a page with what the numbers mean that would be great.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:49 AM
JL95AccorD

Yes. that's the same way you read the codes. You can always just ask on here what the codes mean, people will gladly tell you, as well as give you help with what you might wanna check out first.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:03 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Older cars have a flashing LED right on the ECU itself. What year did they switch over from that older system?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:44 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

I tore into it today and there is a red led on the ecm itself, and the check engine light comes on when you jump the wires in the blue plug. On the car I am working on the light just stays on solid? Any ideas? There has to be something wrong with this car for how bad it shakes in gear. It shakes worse when it is cold.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:39 PM
axion4888

if the lights stays soild then that means you have a bad ecm. if you want to know the codes for the car and alot about the computer pick up a haynes manual at a local autozone thats what i did and the manual tells u everything. i have a 91 accord so if you have any questions about what codes mean what just ask and i can tell you.