Notices

antenna doesn't retract

Old 02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
InSumNiaK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna doesn't retract

Hi,

I have a 95 Integra and my antenna won't go down anymore. It was working perfectly fine and when I stopped my car earlier, the antenna stayed up, and I didn't hear the antenna motor as usual.

Could it be only a broken fuse ? I've checked in the manual, there is nothing about an antenna fuse. Everything else in the car is working ok.

What do I need to check before assuming that the motor is dead ?

thx
Old 02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Can you hear the motor running when the radio is turned off and on? If so, your mast just needs to be replaced. If not, you need a new mast and motor. I highly doubt it is the fuse. I have had the same problem every since I bought my car and I still haven't fixed it. It doesn't really bother me.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:42 AM
BONE

I finally replaced my mast after 2 years of hearing the motor spin, like shmoo said it really didn't bother me either.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:52 AM
kfar09

this is a perfect time to do a s2k antenna. if you dont know what that is, search.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:58 AM
94JR

Yea my 94 was doing the same thing but I don't care as long as it works.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
AcuraImport

my mast broke 2yrs ago... haven't fixed it yet. Hey if the radio still works why bother.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:01 PM
chrisrbts98gs
Bored Enthusiast

Yeah my antenna quit going down this winter. It would freeze because of the cold weather and when it would atempt to go down you could hear the motor grinding gears. I decided to just do the s2000 antenna swap, although i did loose just a little reception, i never listen to the radio anyways so i didn't really care. i thought that the integra looked like a remote control car with the huge antenna anyways, so i like the smaller antenna better.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:57 PM
InSumNiaK

I know that the antenna isn't frozen cause normally I hear the motor grinding gears. But yesterday, there was no sound from the motor.

But this morning, when I got out, I saw that the antenna retracted in the night and it was working fine.

When I left work an hour ago, the antenna went up when I started my car, but didn't came down when I switched to CD with no sound from the antenna motor again.

But I was able to hear a little "click" coming from the antenna. I've played with it a bit and suddenly it went down. So I guess the motor is ok. It only seems to get stuck in the "up" position. When it's already retrated, it always come up with no problem.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

the worm gear probablywent tits up like mine. I replaced it w/a shark attack II amplified fuba.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I noticed today that the stock antenna, when it works, goes way too high for my taste. My broke at about 3/4 extension and it looks fine that way. The S2K would be nice but I don't think it would look good on my car, considering it is white.