Notices

strange leak

Old 02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
96RedTeggyLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange leak

I was washing out my teg today and i made a disturbing discovery - a puddle of cold water in the spare tire storage area in my hatch and i have no F-ing clue where it came from and i know my hatch isnt leaking, cause the carpet is never wet. please help if u can!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
linuxdream

Default RE:strange leak

It might possibly be condensation or something weird like that. It's probably not since it sounds like the pool is large but the only other thing I can think of is either a rear windshield washer leak (but you said the carpet is not wet) or a fule leak (since it is right back there) but you would obviously know that it was fuel. Maybe a hole in the bottom or side of the tire compartment??? Has it rained where you are at?? Sorry I can't be much help. That's a very strange problem.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Search the forum. There have been many posts on water in the trunk. It could be leaky tailights or clogged sunroof holes. I have the same problem and it is rather annoying but maybe one day I will fix it.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:56 PM
RboYi

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Search the forum. There have been many posts on water in the trunk. It could be leaky tailights or clogged sunroof holes. I have the same problem and it is rather annoying but maybe one day I will fix it.
Yep, leaky tail light. When i bought the car I had that problem too.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by RboYi
Yep, leaky tail light. When i bought the car I had that problem too.
Mine leak real bad. After a carwash or light rain, they fog up like no other. I just need some new gaskets from the dealer.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:33 PM
96RedTeggyLS

yeah....my teg has many problems...my console is loose, my power mirrors dont work and my trunk leaks.....but i dont care cause i have an INTEGRA and its fun to drive...plus i only payed 3800 for it.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 96RedTeggyLS
yeah....my teg has many problems...my console is loose, my power mirrors dont work and my trunk leaks.....but i dont care cause i have an INTEGRA and its fun to drive...plus i only payed 3800 for it.
Good deal. Gotta love the tegs. Those sound like minor problems anyway, so fixing them shouldn't be too hard.