Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

B16 What's Next?

Old 02-16-2005, 07:07 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 What's Next?

Ok fellas, these are my questions? I have a B16A1 w/ I,E & H. I have to get a chip because I have a auto B16A Ecu don't ask me how the people who did the swap ended up with that. Any way what should I do next & what price would it cost? I want to run a 5.0 stang stock, but what all do you need to do in order to run one without embarising your self or not worth it. I always have one trying to run me on the street in every car I owned, Eclipse, 74 Superbeetle Bug & now my Si. I want to stay all motor with the B16. Thanks Fellas. I'm sure everyone feel that way, you hate them because people feel they're a V8 so they give us no respect somewhat because we have have 4cyl. Hollar, Gingas
Old 02-20-2005, 10:43 AM
b16ahybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cams and head work (P&P, valves,springs,retainers,etc)
high compression pistons or thinner headgasket to raise the compression
weight reduction
tuning......<------ big part....don't go with a cheap static chip, go with some tunable....even a v-afc would be better then a cheap static chip..
larger injectors.....just a few idea's
It's going to cost a pretty penny to get your car to run with 5.0's ....
in all reality you could build a turbo set-up for less money and beat them easier.......just my .002 cents.