Notices

05 Honda Accord auto trans question

Old 02-15-2005, 10:44 AM
saithaysia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Honda Accord auto trans question

I just bought a 2005 Honda Accord Sedan auto V6. After 100 miles I noticed that when I go from reverse to first gear, when it shifts into second gear there is a slight noise and I can feel that it isn't shifting smoothly underneath my foot. I don't have a problem with it from going to park to first, only reverse. My husband also can feel it. Honda techs are saying they don't feel anything. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it is?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 AM
JL95AccorD

All cars know when they are going to the doctor and will not let you reproduce the problem in front of the dealer. Take it back to the dealer again. Or contact Honda. I don't know. Others on here will have more knowledge on this. I've never delt with a dealer.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:29 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it happen around 10 mph?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:10 PM
motoguy128

I've found this automatic tranny to be a little abrupt at times. Seems like the throttle control and timing of the shift could be sychronized a little better by the computer. It almost seems like the computer tries to keep the torque converter locked as much as possible to either reduce wear or improve mileage.

I wouldn't worry unless it starts to hesitate, become very erratic, jerky or makes grinding noises or the RPM's surge.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
BONE

I think thats normal something to do with the torque converter not too sure though.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

I have a suggestion: RIDE with the dealer.

This usually helps. If you have to, wait on the dude to find time to drive your car. If it's going to be an hour or two, eat the free cookies and sandwiches the Honda dealer has (mine ALWAYS has free food/non-alcoholic drinks (lol) in the lobby of the repair lounge)

Riding with the dealer eliminates the "La-de-dah-dah I'm a dealer and I want to fcuk these people over." kinda deals