Notices

Fuel Sending Units

Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 AM
JL95AccorD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Sending Units

I have been wanting to fix my damn gas gauge for a while now. It won't go all the way up when the tank is full, and sometimes will go up and down on it's own. I've also never seen my low fuel light come on. I don't know exactly how low I've gone on gas, but I know that I must have been really close to empty a coupld of times. I'm wondering if the sending unit could also be responsible for that. But even when the gauge goes all the way down as if it was completely empty, the light won't turn on. I was told that it might be the float. I tried looking for a float and couldnt find just a float, so I figured I'd have to replace the entire unit. I tried doing a search for this type of problem, and most of them come up to replacing the fuel sending unit. I have already tried finding a place online that I can order one. The only place that I found to sell sending units told me they didnt sell for my application, but they could repair mine for 45 bucks. Anybody know a site that sells fuel sending units for a 95 accord? I wanna see how much they go for and such. Would it safe to go grab one at a junkyard? Or do they all go out around the same time?