Notices

need pics of turbo setups

Old 02-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Kabooki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need pics of turbo setups

Particurly lookin for pics of a check valve installed. I am about to buy a "Missing link" check valve for when i get my turbo put on. Just would like to see where it goes because I dont have a clue.

Also lookin for pics of BOV, WG vacum hose connections.
(got an idea of where they go, just wanna be sure)

AND an installed Vortech FMU on a civic.
(no clue on this one either)

Lookin for these pics on a CIVIC with preferably SOHC.

I really thought a turbo setup didnt need so many parts....
Still need a:
FMU
Check Valve
Intercooler & Piping
Oil Catch Can
Air/Fuel Gauge

think thats it...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 PM
shifty35

Hold up, do some more research. You really don't want to do a missing link + FMU setup (not if you want your motor to last!). Do some research into either Uberdata or Crome or the V-AFC hack.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Kabooki
Particurly lookin for pics of a check valve installed. I am about to buy a "Missing link" check valve for when i get my turbo put on. Just would like to see where it goes because I dont have a clue.

Also lookin for pics of BOV, WG vacum hose connections.
(got an idea of where they go, just wanna be sure)

AND an installed Vortech FMU on a civic.
(no clue on this one either)

Lookin for these pics on a CIVIC with preferably SOHC.

I really thought a turbo setup didnt need so many parts....
Still need a:
FMU
Check Valve
Intercooler & Piping
Oil Catch Can
Air/Fuel Gauge

think thats it...
Screw the Air/Fuel gauge. Get something better than an FMU and check valve.

This is my turbo setup. The blue hose going to the turbo is the vacuum line for the wastegate. BOV is mounted on the last charge pipe. (Not pictured). I have it tuned with the Greddy Emanage. I don't race, so what's the point of Hondata? It beats the hell out of an FMU any day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Turbo Closeup.jpg (90.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg
Under the Hood.jpg (90.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Kabooki

the thing is, I dont know how to tune the engine for turbo nor do i know of any shops or people around austin that do it. So the FMU seemed to be my only option. Again, im not gonna be hittin the drag weekly, I just want a little boost on my del sol to make it a little faster and sound cool. I plan on boosting around 5psi until I can afford to do the DOHC swap.

Whats greddy emanage? <-- new term for me
Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 AM
shifty35

Originally Posted by Kabooki
the thing is, I dont know how to tune the engine for turbo nor do i know of any shops or people around austin that do it. So the FMU seemed to be my only option. Again, im not gonna be hittin the drag weekly, I just want a little boost on my del sol to make it a little faster and sound cool. I plan on boosting around 5psi until I can afford to do the DOHC swap.

Whats greddy emanage? <-- new term for me
The emanage is a method of fuel control and timing control included by Greddy in their new turbo kits.

I'd stick with the stock Z6 and run 10-12 psi with 450cc DSM injectors and a Crome/Uberdata chipped ECU. It should be extremely reliable, and destroy B series swaps that cost 2x as much.

And if you ever blow the motor, rebuild with forged internals (<$1200) and double the boost.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by shifty35
The emanage is a method of fuel control and timing control included by Greddy in their new turbo kits.

I'd stick with the stock Z6 and run 10-12 psi with 450cc DSM injectors and a Crome/Uberdata chipped ECU. It should be extremely reliable, and destroy B series swaps that cost 2x as much.

And if you ever blow the motor, rebuild with forged internals (<$1200) and double the boost.

definatly a great / cost effective solution!

only thing that i'm not to pumped bout is the DSM injectors where you have to wire in a resistor box to use them.. may as well just buy some nice RC's
Old 02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by shifty35

For the kit that comes with my car, it didn't include the Emanage, it came with the untunable blue box. I had to buy the Emanage separately.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Kabooki

i havnt bought the fmu yet or the map bypass, but where can i get my ecu chipped (done right and ready for turbo) I dont know how to use uberdata nor do i know anyone that can tune, so its juts me doing all this work. I just bought a laptop and would LIKE to be able to hook it to the ecu for real time updates like the pros do, But I have a limited ammount of money.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

I myself dont really know much about uberdata, but Im plannin on figuring it out myself.

heres sites for uberdata:
http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/faq/index.html

and for chipping your ecu, this is what you need
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=42

i also suggest picking up a chip burner so you can burn your own chips with programs
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=48

and also, pick up a couple extra chips:
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=38

thats your basic needs with uberdata. for more info read up on that FAQ