Notices

Chrome/Aluminum Gauge Rings?

Old 02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
stupenal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome/Aluminum Gauge Rings?

Hey Guys-

I've always wanted to do this mod for my bmw, but now that I have an accord, I was wondering if anyone knew where they sell these type of kits. I'm talking about the chrome guage rings found in current bmw e46 330s and M series cars that go around the tach, speedo, and fuel guages.

Does anyone make them for the i4 6th gen accord? They shouldnt be too hard to make, just need a plastic ring and coat it either in chrome or aluminum paint.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:20 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

eBay or generic parts stores.

it's a pretty common thing to find for accords.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 PM
stupenal

i did a search on ebay, but I couldnt find anything. anyone have a link?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:02 AM
2kAccord

Ive seen them on ebay, but its not just the trim rings, its gives it a 3d look. Search for a euro dash. Ive seen it called that before. They come in all different colors.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:08 AM
pnthr30

I think there is a DIY out there somewhere for this.........I "worked" on mine and they look similar to this (99 Teg) - I will try to post a pic a little later.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:13 PM
2kAccord

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old 02-24-2005, 05:38 AM
pnthr30

Sorry it took me so long..........if you are still interested, this is what mine look like. I used a silver paint pen/marker from a hobby store and went to town.......any small "miscues" can be corrected with a Sharpie. Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, this was done for less than $5.00 and took about 1/2 hour. I understand it is nothing flashy, but IMHO it is clean, simple, and gives it a slightly different look from stock.

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot that imagestation doesn't work....

Old 02-25-2005, 10:29 AM
stupenal

Wow that looks great for a DIY. Care to let me know how you went about doing it? I've already found instructions on how to remove the accord cluster. However, I'm not so sure if you just painted existing rings or exactly what was painted. Is there even a ring that I can paint on the accord?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 AM
pnthr30

I am not that familiar with the Accord guage cluster, but the Integra one has a small "ring" around the actual guages. It isn't really a ring, but more like a slightly raised lip. Originally it was black, just like the rest of the panel, but I just painted it with a silver paint pen. SInce is was a raised lip, it made painting it fairly easy. At first I tried to use hobby tape around it to make sure I didn't mess up, but that was a bigger pain than it was worth. By taking your time, it wasn't that hard (and my hands aren't all that steady haha). If you are lucky, the Accord will have the same lip, and you should be in good shape.........if there is no lip, this may be tricky trying to make the silver "ring" a uniform size and shape. Also, like I said before, you can fix any small mishaps with a black permanent market (Sharpie). If you look hard enough, you can tell where I messed up.......lol. One thing that I would say to be very careful about is when you are taking the clear plastic cover off.......you don't want to crack it - it cracks easily, trust me If you want to know anything else, just let me know, but to be honest, this is a pretty simple thing to do. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:54 AM
moogotzskillz

Originally Posted by pnthr30
I am not that familiar with the Accord guage cluster, but the Integra one has a small "ring" around the actual guages. It isn't really a ring, but more like a slightly raised lip. Originally it was black, just like the rest of the panel, but I just painted it with a silver paint pen. SInce is was a raised lip, it made painting it fairly easy. At first I tried to use hobby tape around it to make sure I didn't mess up, but that was a bigger pain than it was worth. By taking your time, it wasn't that hard (and my hands aren't all that steady haha). If you are lucky, the Accord will have the same lip, and you should be in good shape.........if there is no lip, this may be tricky trying to make the silver "ring" a uniform size and shape. Also, like I said before, you can fix any small mishaps with a black permanent market (Sharpie). If you look hard enough, you can tell where I messed up.......lol. One thing that I would say to be very careful about is when you are taking the clear plastic cover off.......you don't want to crack it - it cracks easily, trust me If you want to know anything else, just let me know, but to be honest, this is a pretty simple thing to do. Good luck!

yo man thats nice and clean looking... as soon as i get off work i'm going to check on my 5th gen accord, to see if i can do it? it looks NICE and different..

thanxz