Notices

lowering springs

Old 02-13-2005, 09:55 PM
LowSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering springs

i am looking to lower my car down and have found spring sets that lower from 1" to 4". Now i know i dont want to slam it all the way to the ground so i was thinking about 1.5" to 2.5" ...

but i heard if i lower my car too much it could result in poor handling instead of improving it... is this true and should also think of replacing anything else when i do this
Old 02-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by LowSky
but i heard if i lower my car too much it could result in poor handling instead of improving it... is this true and should also think of replacing anything else when i do this
Who ever told you that is full of shit. As long as you buy quality springs, the handling should improve a good amount. You should also think about upgrading your struts while you are down there as well as installing some camber kits to be safe. They may not be necessary for your drop height, so I would hold off until you are told by the alignment place that you will need them.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 AM
amc5

Is there a listing of drop shocks that will go with drop springs? I am also looking to lower soon with springs/shocks but having a time figuring out which spring/shock combo is good.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:07 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

I have Suspension Techniques with koni yellows and they are excellent. it handles so nice on a 95 civic ex, i cant even tell you. however, my springs are up for sale because the car is selling and is put back to stock.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by amc5
Is there a listing of drop shocks that will go with drop springs? I am also looking to lower soon with springs/shocks but having a time figuring out which spring/shock combo is good.
Any sort of aftermarket shock such as KYB, Koni, Tokico, etc.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
WildPig
EK Police

ok..... if you want it slammed, put some crappy dropzone sleeve-coilovers on it and lower it 4".

BUT ..... if you want good handling, go with full coilovers and well-known companies like H&R, Tein, Skunk2, Omnipower, etc, etc .....

I think a good general rule for good handling is that your LCA's should be about parallel with the ground.

PS - Omnipowers are awesome and cheap too.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
amc5

Do the Omnipowers come with shocks? I seen someone post that they run about 650 , did know if thats just for the coilovers or with shocks too. sorry if stupid question im a newb