Notices

Problems with my 94 Accord EX Sedan...

Old 02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
MichaelT1960

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Accord EX ABS Problem..help please?

Yesterday I noticed that when I started up my car in the garage the ABS pump motor seemed to be on for much longer then usual before it stopped. I don't remember the ABS light staying on but today it came on right away and I didn't hear the motor. I already had the modulator assembly replaced by Honda about 5 years ago cause of a Pump Motor Overun condition. It was confusing to find the right service connector under the right dash....as I blew fuse #7 (7.5A). Now the ABS light stays on. I need to buy another fuse (no spares). Is the service/ check connector the same one used for the ECU (check engine) test???

Also it seems like I have the ABS fluid leaking from the unit (inside fender is shiny)??? I added fluid but was unable to clean up the mess at this time. Any idea what could be the problem? Is my ABS gone now (too expensive to fix at 10+ years old)??? I will try to TS it tomorrow after work.

ALso I smelled some antifreeze under the hood and I believe I have a small leak where the top half is clamped to the core....near the large hose. I hope I can go without a new radiator for a while???

Still have the engine knock for the past year or so (12K miles..overall 121K).

Is my Honda starting to let me down?....any comments or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by MichaelT1960; 02-14-2005 at 09:06 AM. Reason: change title