Notices

Missfire..

Old 02-12-2005, 06:58 AM
EG8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missfire..

I'm new around here, so here goes. I have a 1994 domestic Japanese Honda Civic EG8 SR-3. It's a right hand drive. I just changed the D15B VTEC engine to B16A including the automatic tranny. The conversion was flawless and I already changed all the belting (timingbelt, powersteering), all the engine mountings, then used NGK-R sparkplugs ( That's about it for now! )

The problem start couple of weeks ago when the speed sensor died and VTEC not working. Changed speed sensor to a new one, problem solved including the VTEC. Then one of the lights on the dash came out, my friends said it was the "exhaust temperature" sensor, didn't take care of it and the lights still on whenever I start the engine. The light icon looked like a barbeque grill.

My question :
Is that "exhaust temperature" sensor screwing my ECU? Whenever I hit 7000rpm - 9000rpm, the engine keeps cutting out BUT only when the car is moving.

I serviced the distributor, installed grounding wire, checked the sparkplugs, all in excellent conditions. What is really the problem?

Should I change the sparkplug wire?

Replace the fuel pump from an EG9 ( get a bigger fuel pump? )

Repair the "exhaust temperature" sensor?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
discodelsol

does that engine have an automatic fuel cutoff or did you get it chipped
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
discodelsol

but it doesnt seem like fuel would be the problem if you can exceed 7rpm goodluck with it though
Old 09-29-2006, 06:26 AM
t3t4delsol

any cels?