Notices

1990 Honda Accord 4 Door-S.O.S.! Help!

Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
InfiniteNBM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Honda Accord 4 Door-S.O.S.! Help!

Hello all, 1st of all I would like to express my happiness in finding a forum this cool with this many cool people! Now, on to my "problem". I have a 1990 Honda Accord, right now it's stock but I'm in the process of "pimpin" it out for lack of better terminology. It's a four door & it's a baby blue and it needs a new paint job. What I've done so far is got some adjustable coil overs from VS & purchased some 18" chrome Symbolic XR-50'z & that's about it. Like I said, it's pretty much stock. I've replaced almost the entire front suspension, axles, struts, springs, bushings, etc. Now, what I need help on. I want to get some of those gauges that are white and or indiglo, different head lights, tail lights, seats, hp modifications for the motor, & a paint job to name a few things. But, where do I go to get the best prices and quality parts? I'm not some rich guy or some guy with credit cards out the gazoo so I'll be doing it bit by bit. I'd appreciate if somebody could point me to some good websites or shops here in Az that I could go to. Also, as far as exhaust, what's availble? I've priced the catback setups but I don't know if I want that buzzing noise. Is it possible to beef up the exhaust but not have that noise? Also, what are some good sites for car audio/video? The most important thing to me, the motor. I've been told to take the whole motor out & swap it with a prelude motor? But I don't have the time or money to do that. I don't need it to break land speed records or anything, but I'd like it to be quick. Sorry for posting such a long thread, but I'm in dire need of help. Thanks!

*Also, what should/can I do to the motor? What parts, from where, etc? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:30 PM
InfiniteNBM

Sorry for the double post. But what is a CAI, TL-S sway bar, AEM AIC, and when people are talking about ehancing the performance by adjusting the suspension what are they talking about? Now for the real dumb question, what are the different generation Honda Accords? Obviously I'm new to this whole scene to don't make fun of me too much please. Latez.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

Originally Posted by InfiniteNBM
Sorry for the double post. But what is a CAI, TL-S sway bar, AEM AIC, and when people are talking about ehancing the performance by adjusting the suspension what are they talking about? Now for the real dumb question, what are the different generation Honda Accords? Obviously I'm new to this whole scene to don't make fun of me too much please. Latez.

1st off Welcome to HAN
the search feature is ur best friend
u can use it to find most of the answers to ur questions
a "cai" is a cold air intake
here are 7 generations of accords
more recent ones are 87-89 3rd gen
90-93 4th gen
94-97 5th gen
98-2002 6th gen
2003+ 7th gens
Old 02-12-2005, 12:59 AM
BONE

Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
1st off Welcome to HAN
the search feature is ur best friend
u can use it to find most of the answers to ur questions
a "cai" is a cold air intake
here are 7 generations of accords
more recent ones are 87-89 3rd gen
90-93 4th gen
94-97 5th gen
98-2002 6th gen
2003+ 7th gens
86-89 represents the 3rd gen first gen starts in 76-81, sec gen 82-85 and so on.