Notices

another brake question

Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 PM
buster133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another brake question

I have been reviewing past threads on brake pad replacement and with the info I have gathered from the posts and Helms service manual I feel confident in taking on the task of replacing the rear pads myself. My question is should I replace the other small parts that go with the pads like the upper and lower retaining clips(22), and the spring pad (13). I'd rather have new parts to replace old one's in case something breaks but if the work can be done with just a new pad set, that would be great too. I've attached a diagram with the parts I am talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
13S8411_B1911.gif (23.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-11-2005, 04:05 PM
jobrien

I have a 95 Accord EXL 4dr 4 disks. I replaced my own brake pads front and back and didn't replace all the little clips. I used Axxis pads. I didn't/don't have any trouble. If you're more comfortable doing it though, you might as well while you're in there. Depending on the mileage, it can't hurt.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:50 PM
buster133

Default rotors

Are aftermarket rotors any good. I see some online at TAS
http://www.secureleadercom.com/exsto...nuStatus=block
for $24.95 each. I am only replacing the pads and rotors on the rear because the front rotors were refinshed and new pads were put on about 8000 miles ago at the dealership when I bought it. Anyway, the rear disks aren't giving me any noticable vibration, but they do look kind of crusty and have about 56,000 miles on them, so if those rotors are decent enough for the rear for around 50 bucks, I think it would be worth it to not have to deal with turning the old rotors and since everything will be apart while replacing the pads, l'd be saving time from changing the rotors down the road. What do you guys think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rotor.jpg (411.5 KB, 8 views)