Notices

milky substance under oil cap?? HELP!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
EK9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default milky substance under oil cap?? HELP!!!

Hey guys well anywase the motors a 96 b18c1. I noticed it when i looked under my oil cap and it has a milky white subtance inside it. I asked around and people said it was a bad head gasket. I then took it to discount auto shop and one of the sales guy in there decided to look at my car and so what he told me was if it was a bad or blown gasket i probably wouldnt be able to drive it for 2 days? Also if the gasket was bad then whenever i would look on my dip stick it would be foamy white and its not. So the guy said that its condensation thats causing it. ANY ONE EVER HEARD OF CONDENSATION in motor? Well what i want to know is the head gasket bad or is it still useable? I just sawped it a month ago when i did my piston. And i did make sure i torque it down correctly.

HELP GUYS.
ADVICE WOULD BE NICE.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:38 PM
sibiryk

I heard about condensation. It happens in winter time due to temp difference of hot engine and outside but I didn't see such a thing in my engine.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 PM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

drain your oil and take a look. only way to be sure.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

a lot of times you will notice loss in power / losing coolant and or oil when you blow a head gasket..

change your oil & keep your eyes on it for now
Old 02-12-2005, 06:53 AM
b18civic1993

coolant and oil mixing.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 AM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sibiryk
I heard about condensation. It happens in winter time due to temp difference of hot engine and outside but I didn't see such a thing in my engine.
Exactly right. Its nothing to worry about. Its from condinsation
Old 02-12-2005, 08:20 PM
EK9

I will be draining my oil tommorrow i havent checked that yet. BUT if my oil is milky white too then that means bad head gasket correct? Also is this usual... i left my car over night w/out starting it, then this morning when i went to start it up i left it on for about 5 min then i looked under the oil cap and u can see the oil inside it with milky white substance in it. I can understand if i drove it around then look under it but its just about 5 min or so and theres already some whit stuff under the cap. Could it just be a leaky gasket instead of a blown gasket????

thanx for the adivces
Old 02-14-2005, 05:47 AM
EK9

Hey Guys I Just Got A New Head Gasket And I Installed It Made Sure I Torqued It Down Correctly 22 Ft/lbs Then After That 63 Ft/lbs And I Started My Engine And Then Ran It Under 3000 Rpm Around The Block Came Back Check Under The Cap And Its White And Milky. What The Hells Going On????

Helpppppppppppppppppppp