Notices

Window problem

Old 02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
JL95AccorD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problem

Anyone else experience this?

My passenger front window can be lowered from the driver side, but it wont go up. I gotta reach over and puch the button on the passenger door. WTF?!

I opened the driver side thing, and cleaned up all the connections and everything seemed to be fine. I can put all the windows down, but I cant put the passenger side window up from my side.

Any tips or suggestions? It's kind of annoying.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah replace the master window switch
Old 02-10-2005, 09:50 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

Originally Posted by JL95AccorD
Anyone else experience this?

My passenger front window can be lowered from the driver side, but it wont go up. I gotta reach over and puch the button on the passenger door. WTF?!

I opened the driver side thing, and cleaned up all the connections and everything seemed to be fine. I can put all the windows down, but I cant put the passenger side window up from my side.

Any tips or suggestions? It's kind of annoying.
yea i know what it is..what you gotta do is take apart the switch...it comes apart fairly easy. take out the master switch and try to remove the black part(the black switch button)..you have to clean the insides of the switch itself. if you can get to that then you will see the inside has like 2 metal lil pieces. one of them controls the window going up, and the other one going down. take a screw driver and scrape the crud off of it. make sure its scraped good so that it will make a connection when you hit the switch. see the reason it goes down and not up is that there is dirt in between keeping it from making the connection for going up. its kinda complicated.. so il try to get picz for ya. you dont really need to go buy the whole master switch. in most cases thats what is wrong and people end up throwing out the whole switch! it happend to me since when i bought the car it was already like that...so i was thinking to myself and gave it a try and sure enough thats what it was..just a lil dirt.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:43 AM
JL95AccorD

Awesome. If you can find some pics on that for me I could try it out tomorrow. I opened it before and tried cleaning it, but I didnt take out the switch itself. Does it pop off when you pull on it or something?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 AM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

well i dont remember if it was rubbery, i remember popping it out of place with a flat head screw driver. once you get that out you have to be careful not to crack it.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:03 AM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

here i made a DIY to help everyone with this problem out!

click here for the DIY project!